LBX vs Semapo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBX vs Semapo

I'm looking for 6094 'style' plate carrier, it doesn't have to be stitch-perfect to the real thing, but I don't want a super cheap knockoff.

I have £200-250 to spend, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with LBX's 0094 or Semapo's offerings?

I'm kinda leaning towards the LBX (being a LBT company) but I hear Semapo does good stuff too.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: LBX vs Semapo

All the guys I've spoken to about Semapo really rate it, colour's supposed to be pretty ace, nice and solid (some guys have been running ballistic plates in theirs).

Also, they're currently manufacturing it in AoR2 and should be released later this month, I'm chomping at the bit for this.
    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
    Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Thanks, It confirms what I've heard previously.

I was actually after Multicam, although I'm keep finding myself irresistibly drawn to the M81 US Woodland pattern LBX 0094 coupled with Semapo 3D Trousers in the same pattern.

Comment

You could pick up an lbt 6094a for £250.

Comment

Yeah I've seen genuine LBT ones go for less than a semapo gear one costs. For what semapo charges for their goods is much rather use WAS stuff. Check out the WAS DCS. Very similar in shape and fit, just no kangaroo pouch.
          “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

It's all about the pattern though, as the OP is interested in Multicam its not too bad but AoR1&2 being used by the SEAL teams and afaik the patterns are restricted the supply of them isn't great and they go for a fortune.

Was checking ebay for AoR2 pouches to pair with the Semapo 6094A when its released and the prices were eye watering in comparison to the replicas.

Comment

You can get US made gear for that money, their QC's a fair bit higher than the far east. I mean if you specifically want the 6094 style look then hey that's airsoft, crack on. But it's a pretty damn old design and having tried more than a few PCs over the years I think there's much much better on the market now.

Couple of top quality/design work examples I'd personally go for instead that fit your budget and are available in the UK in multicam.
              -Blue Force Gear LMAC (£245)
              -Crye Airlite EK02 (£190)
              -Tac Tailor Fight-Light PC (£200)

You could put together a setup using the PIG Brigandine (which is incredibly modular with a ton of options) or possibly a Ferro rig. Or a JPC if you stretched a tenner more. I'd probably recommend the WAS DCS over the LBX as well given that it's got spacer mesh inside so you'll not be stewing in your own juices and it looks a fair bit like a 6094.

Just some stuff to consider.
              REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Good points for consideration. Hope the OP finds his ideal plate carrier.

For me its definitely a 6094, I've even already got a Ferro Concepts back panel in AoR2 for it. I'm not a massive fan of replica gear myself, but I don't have a firstborn or soul to offer up for a real AoR2 6094 and it looks like the guys in Korea have made a quality replicam

Comment

Thanks all for your input, I like the 6094 'look' with the integrated (kangaroo) pouche(s), however the DCS deserves some serious consideration.

Originally posted by CKinnerley View Post
                  I'd probably recommend the WAS DCS over the LBX as well given that it's got spacer mesh inside so you'll not be stewing in your own juices and it looks a fair bit like a 6094.
                  Funnily enough I've just been watching your Youtube Videos on the DCS. It's a fair whack cheaper than the LBX/Semapo and I'm liking the idea of the First Spear 6/12 Cummerbund.

Comment

I use a DCS now as my regular rig and havnt looked back. Offers pretty much the same profile as the 6094. Sits about the same height etc. The kangaroo pouch in my eyes isn't a comparison to a good ole' fashioned triple mag pouch, each to their own though on that one. WAS are not a clone company, and have very strict QC, if it's good enough for guys who shoot real guns all over the world, definitely good enough for us lot running around the woods. I'm a tad over 5ft 8 and this is how it sits on me
                    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

And a side view

If your heart is set on a 6094 though, you will probably never be able to let it go until you try one. Before dropping the cash on a semapo one though, personally I would go after a second hand genuine LBT one

Comment

dannyeprice23, thanks for those pics, i'm about the same height as you so it's been really useful to see the carrier in use.

I've been pricing up a few options, a DCS combo comes out the cheapest, LBX a bit more, and a Ferro Gen 4 (slightly left field I know) setup comes up about £100 more.

I need to get ordering in the next day or two, so I better get a move on and make my choice.

Comment

+1 for the DCS combo, I've been using them for years now and love it. Fantastic piece of kit! Literally fantastic. I have a Flyye JPC which is brilliant too, but I think the DCS just clinches it!

Comment

Thanks all for the input.

Order(s) Placed - I went with a WAS DCS 5.56 DA Combo and have also ordered a Ferro Concepts elastic 4" Cummerbund as I have no plans to run side pouches.

Bought a WAS molle belt too, to make use of the leftover mag pouches from the Combo.

Comment

Good shout let us know how you get on.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

speedbird_666 Find out more about speedbird_666
                              Working...
                              X