This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Gear

You can pick up a full set for 20-40 quid if you look around. Great stuff tho, not alot of people know what it is.

I had a set.. it was a joke among friends that it was a gentlemens smoking jacket.
    Here I am wearing the jacket at UA a couple years back.

Comment

worked out at about £40 the set but you can get it cheaper on ebay (though conditions vary). You can access your shirt and trousers through flaps in the jacket, it's got loads of drawstrings, and it seems fairly water resistant.

Comment

Dave whats the loadout meant to be just a cool kit put together type thing with foxhound stamped on it?

Comment

Got my danish loadout started with a splash of tan, all ready for the weekender :P

And yes I am getting a haircut tomorrow
          WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

It's pretty Gulf War accurate for a M60 E3 gunner (though I'm wearing a custom belt and my old TAS gloves). I didn't want to enact a specific unit (for one thing I don't know enough about that era), so I got the foxhound patches and badged the kit that way. The Choc-chip shirt's getting raid modded and I may be getting a dedicated M60 vest from that era.

MGS timeline wise, Foxhound were an operational SF unit at the time of GW1. I'm just indulging my inner geek.

Comment

Dave, what is the camo actually called? Have looked on the bay for nightcamo but nothing has come up!! some hints? really like it!!!!

EDIT: TB that loadout is excellent!!! really looks awesome

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Night_Camouflage

I THINK thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                  EDIT: TB that loadout is excellent!!! really looks awesome
                  Thanks :D it took a while to get it all adjusted but it works well now, I may change the pouches to OD or danish when I can
                  WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Originally posted by TB-Stalker View Post
                    Thanks :D it took a while to get it all adjusted but it works well now, I may change the pouches to OD or danish when I can
                    yeah I think with od instead of tan it will look awesome
                    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

well.. after gettin a rippin bout my kit for a PSC...im gonna have to stay with it for now, but after a while when funds pernit, i will be changing my viper dopleg holster for something a bit more easy on the eye... and tweek bits.... its a work in progress...

clothes wise, black tac boots, green cargo's, black polo t-shirt and genenric black cap
                      Last edited by Canonfodder; 25 August, 2010, 17:46.

Comment

Many thanks for the kind comments about the MC loadout, its appreciated. Here is a selection of others.

US WW2 82nd Airborne:

I'm on the right here:

Next the WW2 2nd South Staffs (Operation Market Garden)
                        I'm on the left here:

And again on the far left here:

Now some Vietnam, 7th Air Cav:

And MAC-V Advisor:

Finally, the ghillie suit. Homemade and my skirmish setup of choice:
                        (Bear in mind these are out in the open and with NO natural foliage in it to show the ghillie alone, if I had any in game pictures of this, I'd not be doing it right)

Comment

I Envy ALL your gear. Soooooooooooooooooo nice

Comment

Love the wood stock on that sniper rifle by the way

Comment

Tyreal I didn't know you came in any flavour other than multicam, but those are some lovely kits. Nice MAC V kit especially.

Comment

I do indeed appear in many forms. These are by no means the limit of them, just my favourites. Thanks again for the kind words.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shadowcaptain Something About Yourself... oh shit i dont think thats what it meant by "write something about yourself"basically i am alex rhodes, the one and only :Pi like to think of myself as just an average guy, with a good sense of humour, and some ace friendsim not big on myself so i will leave the judgements up to you...i just hope they are all goodso there you go...on the most basic of levels that is me___send us a message ____im allways about to answer them and will ALLWAYS REPLY unlike some peopleAlex Rhodes, (aka ShadowCaptain) x Find out more about shadowcaptain
                                Working...
                                X