X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Gear

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
    What was it supposed to be other than a big skirmish? What were you expecting?
    A little more emphasis on milsim, legitimate fixed objectives (rather than "this building is important, hold it". There have been at previous games) and additional side missions to keep things interesting (again, there have been at previous games).

A three pronged assault at one another which was designed to result in a stale firefight across Deptford Way wasn't what I was expecting or hoping for.

Having the back end of the site off limits was a bit of a killer, as it pushed the green CP up closer to the fighting line, which made progress difficult. I get the impression from my team mates who stuck around that numbers had dropped off by the sunday and things flowed a little better, but it shouldn't be a case of people having to quit to make a game work.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel View Post
      A little more emphasis on milsim, legitimate fixed objectives (rather than "this building is important, hold it". There have been at previous games) and additional side missions to keep things interesting (again, there have been at previous games).

A three pronged assault at one another which was designed to result in a stale firefight across Deptford Way wasn't what I was expecting or hoping for.

Having the back end of the site off limits was a bit of a killer, as it pushed the green CP up closer to the fighting line, which made progress difficult. I get the impression from my team mates who stuck around that numbers had dropped off by the sunday and things flowed a little better, but it shouldn't be a case of people having to quit to make a game work.
      I didn't get a full brief but my 1IC and the HQ kept me right up to date on objectives and we always had a target... Primarily we were pushing our line as far from the CP as possible, which happened to end up at Deptford lane for most of the time. As night fell, we had absolutely no issue when it came to crossing that road and into 27, which we held on Sunday morning? We also had plenty of side missions, throughout the day and night so I'd say it was your choice to enter into a stale firefight...

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
        What was it supposed to be other than a big skirmish? What were you expecting?

I didn't see any outright cheating, but it seemed as though the green team were getting a bit desperate come Sunday morning... I was tasked with holding 38? (The building next to the pub) as it had an objective that needed protecting in it, and it was taking half a mag (on 30 rounders) to repel anything, when it finally got close.

I'm not sure what guns they were using either, but pretty much every time anyone returned fire over the weekend, it was a hefty burst of full auto... Now, I'm not expecting everyone to be rocking realcaps, but even with 600 rounds, you really can't sustain that.

The highlight for me was hiding in the basement off 55 for and hour and a half waiting for the light to drop, then clearing through the next two buildings with my pistol...

the green team putting mass amounts of rounds down was due to several of their players running high caps, when I spoke to them about it, I was told they were allowed them, because their high caps were the only mags they'd bought with them

I never had a single issue with cheating, but a few problems with dead guys, on the night game, the section I was in were sneaking along, and some dead greens lit us up with their torches, moments later, we got opened up on and got shot

also the greens kicking grenades away from where they landed bugged me, every marshall I spoke to said it isn't allowed, but yet no one told the greens. In a building at the cross roads, building 34 I believe, I watched a grenade land on the stairs, and would have killed 6 greens, instead, a green player kicked the grenade downstairs, and continued to play on, really irritated me because I could have then been brought back in by a medic, and then shot more people
        Originally posted by Fenriz
        Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

Here's my Woodland set-up.

OD Boonie, Green/Black Shemagh
          Tigerstripe BDU Jacket
          FMCO MP5 Assault vest
          UMAREX MP5SD6 EBB
          Black VIPER Spec Ops Gloves
          OD Combat Pants
          Wellco Jungle Boots

Ignore the dog.......she was being tetchy and refused to play for the camera.
          sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

It's got a very contemporary meets ww2 feel to it Hellfish, I really like it. I'm also a sucker for Tigerstripes :D
            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

I liiiiike.

It reminds me of a COD loadout for some reason, it's really nice mate.

I must say guys, especially those posting SF loadous - they are all far too clean! That's my one hate of Airsoft loadouts, they're all so clean and neat.
              Dust them up, tear them up and don't wash them:p

Comment

hellfish how come ur trousers are always baggy?

oh and cool dog

Comment

Decided I should get myself a lid to see if I've changed my mind about them!! Just finished spraying it up. You can find info on the rest of my gear in the local loadouts section of this months Airsoft International.

Below Clone OPS-CORE FAST Helmet. Literally finished painting it, then kicked it around in the gravel drive... Looks pretty used and abused, i'm happy!

And the rest of my gear, as seen in AI before they sprinkled their photo magic on them!

Comment

Originally posted by ford-fiesta View Post
                    hellfish how come ur trousers are always baggy?

oh and cool dog
                    I dunno...I always buy the right size for both Waist and leg.....just must buy baggy cut pants, although I do prefer them like that.
                    sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

hmm i see

nothing wrong with them, i just noticed it looking through the pics

Comment

Originally posted by riddick 1811 View Post
                        the green team putting mass amounts of rounds down was due to several of their players running high caps, when I spoke to them about it, I was told they were allowed them, because their high caps were the only mags they'd bought with them

I never had a single issue with cheating, but a few problems with dead guys, on the night game, the section I was in were sneaking along, and some dead greens lit us up with their torches, moments later, we got opened up on and got shot

also the greens kicking grenades away from where they landed bugged me, every marshall I spoke to said it isn't allowed, but yet no one told the greens. In a building at the cross roads, building 34 I believe, I watched a grenade land on the stairs, and would have killed 6 greens, instead, a green player kicked the grenade downstairs, and continued to play on, really irritated me because I could have then been brought back in by a medic, and then shot more people

Having played many of the TA events on both sides i'm afraid you will find your fair share of cheating from both sides. If you try it you can see for yourself. Unfortunately for the honest players out there this is something we have to deal with

Comment

Oldie! But thought I would post it :D

Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

Originally posted by scuba0388 View Post
                            Having played many of the TA events on both sides i'm afraid you will find your fair share of cheating from both sides. If you try it you can see for yourself. Unfortunately for the honest players out there this is something we have to deal with
                            I must have been really lucky to not experience any of the cheating then mate, I loved the whole weekend in general, only downside is I've got a fractured elbow because I fucked up going over a wall
                            Originally posted by Fenriz
                            Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

Originally posted by riddick 1811 View Post
                              I must have been really lucky to not experience any of the cheating then mate, I loved the whole weekend in general, only downside is I've got a fractured elbow because I fucked up going over a wall
                              Oh, bad times! I hope you have a swift and full recovery.
                              Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

so there was sun in Scotlandteam though lets break out the full desert gear.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shadowcaptain Something About Yourself... oh shit i dont think thats what it meant by "write something about yourself"basically i am alex rhodes, the one and only :Pi like to think of myself as just an average guy, with a good sense of humour, and some ace friendsim not big on myself so i will leave the judgements up to you...i just hope they are all goodso there you go...on the most basic of levels that is me___send us a message ____im allways about to answer them and will ALLWAYS REPLY unlike some peopleAlex Rhodes, (aka ShadowCaptain) x Find out more about shadowcaptain
                                Working...
                                X