This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Gear

no problem mate, yer i have 2 m4 mags in middle of my PC and 2 on my belt (using those mags you sold me btw, they work perfect!), my rifle hangs perfect it doesnt hit my bollocks anymore lol, and putting the sling through the shoulder straps doesnt even feel like im carrying my rifle at all, i can run and it doesnt move lol

Comment

With my set up i have 9 mags in all. 4 in the pouches, 4 in the internal pouch on front and 1 ready on rifle.

Got rid of the admin panel, twin 40mm pouch (really had no need for that), double open top Mag pouch, single close mag pouch.
      TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

well i keep 2 hi caps in the utility pouch but i never use them, there only backups, i never normally go through 4mags because i dont use auto at all, only use semi and pick my shots out i got my eye on an m249 though so i might have to change to the full auto style of play haha!

Comment

oh btw, you know your rig get some cardboard box card, cut about 5 of the same peices out and tape them together, makes awesome "armour filling", in my opinion makes the plate carrier look a hell of alot better, and when you go to draw your mags out your carrier it dont move as much, thats what ive noticed using the cardboard inserts lol, much smoother reloading and feels better with them in, try it you might like it, if not throw them away you havent lost anything

Comment

I've done the above with my Eagle Industries CIRAS, works like a treat and makes the whole rig feel alot firmer, and the rigidity makes mag changes much smoother.

Comment

I've done likewise with my WAS RICAS Compact. Makes it fit a bit snugger too which is good for my small frame! :D

Comment

I have used a roll mat for the same reason. Once the PC is one it is a nice snug fit and hardly moves. I may add some cardboard to see if it makes it better.

Comment

thats a good idea that is. no idea why i never crossed my mind lol

Comment

I have just butchered one of my daughters many play mats! is a much firmer foam and far harder to distort.

ill add pics when photobucket stops being an arse!

Comment

Cardboard when curved wont bend in the other direction (if that makes sense) it just folds which could be a comfort issue.

Sorry for so many pics!

Original soft plate is about 2mm of foam is a material covering.

My first roll mate soft plate is about 4mm thick and very "soft"

New plate made from daughters play mate.

needed to trim bottom flat

fitted is far firmer and now has NO movement at all.

oh and my daughter wanted to try my PC on

Comment

I think it needs making Smaller...

Comment

haha nice one mate, i was gonna use some foam, but as my plates are only at the front and back then i didnt see the point lol, wanted the "kevlar" feel lol

Comment

Kevlar still flexes or it would shatter.

I wish i had not thrown away my old plates from my work body armour. Front would have fitted a treat! But then may be ballistic rated plates are abit over kill of airsoft!

Comment

• If my Kevlar helmet flexed id be taking it in to the quartermaster for an exchange!

Plates are generally not made from Kevlar, the most common materials are metals or ceramics, and those most certainly don't flex, in fact ceramci plates shatter when hit by a round!

Comment

Finally finished my ghillie suit toady, doesn't look too bad imo.
                                Also treated myself to an MTP smock which I got for £20!

Smock

TM SOPMOD [Fully Upgraded] | TM VSR [M40A3]

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shadowcaptain Something About Yourself... oh shit i dont think thats what it meant by "write something about yourself"basically i am alex rhodes, the one and only :Pi like to think of myself as just an average guy, with a good sense of humour, and some ace friendsim not big on myself so i will leave the judgements up to you...i just hope they are all goodso there you go...on the most basic of levels that is me___send us a message ____im allways about to answer them and will ALLWAYS REPLY unlike some peopleAlex Rhodes, (aka ShadowCaptain) x Find out more about shadowcaptain
                                Working...
                                X