This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Gear

I own warrior gear too... I always thought it was a balance between completely serviceable and reliable and reasonably priced. Maybe my views are slanted though, what with being an "elitist geardo" and all.

Comment

Well, suppose I'm gonna have to swap it for viper, webtex and fleabay bought cheap stuff for fear of being classed a gear whoring elitest snob.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I'm going joggers, hoody and 2-tone spring myself... Don't wanna show off.

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
          My new revised paint job & hair.

I've just seen the picture of you in the field thread, and this is impressively effective. I really like it, though i'd imagine it's going to get pretty warm in the summer?
          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Good idea.
            I could get about 200 sets of trackies and a few market stall lpegs for the cost of my none systema made real sword SVD!
            :p
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Warrior kit worked for guys on Herrick 10, the same as £30 viper vests worked perfectly well on telic before.

Anything can be gucci, its not about being the 'bestest most expensive piece of nylon/condura on the market'. Its about it actually doing the job the user wants/needs it to do and being squared away.

Comment

the field pic is pre this I've added alot more lighter colours, I'm hoping it'll be more effective . I don't mind sweating ,with the mouth working it lets all my breath out so its ok .

Comment

This is what I was wearing for part of last Saturday, I'm on the right..
                  (kit list available if anyone wants it..)

Fire Team Zulu
                  Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                  http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleman93 View Post
                    Warrior kit worked for guys on Herrick 10, the same as £30 viper vests worked perfectly well on telic before.

Anything can be gucci, its not about being the 'bestest most expensive piece of nylon/condura on the market'. Its about it actually doing the job the user wants/needs it to do and being squared away.
                    Not to be a dick or anything, but not EVERYTHING is "gucci"... Everything can be used and that's more down to the skill of the user, the situation it is required to be used in and how long it is used.

Essentially, "Gucci" is a bullshit term for something that has enough marketing and a fat enough pricetag, along with limited enough availability. Others call it "HSLD".

"Gucci" is about the most expensive, heaviest marketed and highest priced, hence most desirable piece of kit on the market.

Your average budget vest or low-priced nylon will certainly with stand the fumbled reload that Joey Grunt has to do once or twice on tour, under pressure because the fact of the matter is, very few people's skills under pressure match up to the capability of their gear...

Not that I'm largeing it here, but, the fact of the matter is if I came under fire I'd be fucking my belt buckle harder into the dirt than you'd believe. The chance of a Chris Costa style reload would be so minimal it wouldn't even register on the radar.

Comment

Originally posted by ARRSE
                      Gucci:
                      1. (n.) Crappy designer who charges huge amounts of money for utter tripe.
                      2. Anything non-issue, i.e. Gucci Kit = non issue kit. Most of what a soldier carries with him in the field falls under the definition of gucci. Issue kit is mostly bollocks, gucci kit is normally the dog's bollocks.
                      Gucci Kit = non issue kit.

Comment

My phone's internet allowance got totally raped on the last page. Thanks for that, poster who shall remain nameless! I'm gonna pay for that at the end of the month! Gah!

I'm all for a few pictures, but seriously, the poster could have just posted hyperlinks with that many, not the actual images. Not to mention the fact that the vast majority should have been in the "Pictures of you on the field" thread. I'd totally support a 10 picture limit in posts.
                        Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

• Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                          i see all the systema owners getting their knickers in a twist, no offence meant just my opinion on bumders
                          Your not doing my head in because I'm a systema owner. I'd think you were a grade a helmet regardless f what you had slagged off.

Ps. Anyone using the term bumders reinforces the fact that they are indeed. As previously stated. A helmet. A purple one even.
                          “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Experimental loadout from a little while ago.

Felix80 at the front.

Comment

Experimental loadout from a little while ago.
                              Whats experimental about it Sean?

Comment

Seeing if it worked overall, more importantly if I liked it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shadowcaptain Something About Yourself... oh shit i dont think thats what it meant by "write something about yourself"basically i am alex rhodes, the one and only :Pi like to think of myself as just an average guy, with a good sense of humour, and some ace friendsim not big on myself so i will leave the judgements up to you...i just hope they are all goodso there you go...on the most basic of levels that is me___send us a message ____im allways about to answer them and will ALLWAYS REPLY unlike some peopleAlex Rhodes, (aka ShadowCaptain) x Find out more about shadowcaptain
                                Working...
                                X