This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Gear

Sam S.O, can I ask why you do the face blanking thing? I'm trying to figure out if it's just to add a bit more immersion into the whole SF thing or if you genuinely need to hide your identity.
    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Its because where i work we are not supposed to present a public persona. Especially with firearms ect.

No facebook, twitter ect .

So blank face keeps the fun police happy

Comment

Me at frontier airsoft,
        Attached Files

Comment

and the latest aquisition:

Comment

Me being a gunner in one of the team's snatches

- - - Updated - - -

And higher quality without me

Comment

• Heres one of me lately
              Kit list on request.
              Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

latest pics.
                Last edited by sid_vicious; 5 August, 2013, 07:20. Reason: adding pics

Comment

OPS Fast Response and '3D Battle' combat trousers.

Nabbed a hat to go with the trousers while I was placing an order, seeing as they're fairly cheap. Nothing fancy in the design but it never hurts to have 1 more cap.

REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

The Kryptek looks great mate
                    I was looking into the 3d Battle Trousers, or going to pre-order the Platatac DAX offering

What's the quality of the OPS combat trousers like? The price isn't too bad for what they offer, but I don't know anyone who actually uses them

Comment

Well the DAX are just Crye Gen2 copies end of the day, so if you really wanted the stretch panels (which the OPS don't have) for a bit of added comfort at the expense of a bit of longevity, that's really down to personal preference. Nice as they look, I just didn't fancy waiting 4 months for the Platatac option when all my other OPS stuff is good and they were in stock last week.

When you say "people who use them" do you mean Military/Police or guys you airsoft with? Either way, comparing it to my Crye trousers I see little difference at all except for the actual cut and design. All the actual materials come from the same official distributors as the big American brand names, probably off the very same rolls of fabric a lot of the time. Never had any issues with the thread or the stitch work either.
                      REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Here is my African Loadout in its three variations. Its based of the Mercenaries from Angola in the 1980s although could possibly be a clandestine SADF loadout from the Border/Bush War

Version 1

Version 2

Version 3

Kit List:

Clothing:
                        French para boonie "Leopard" camo (repro)
                        Scrim Scalf
                        Portuguese Lizard Camo Shirt
                        British Olive Lightweight Trousers
                        Lowa Patrol boots (only non kosher bit)

Gear:
                        M83 SADF Battle Jacket w/ 58 patt poncho and Kenyan Massai Knife
                        M83 SADF Chest Webbing dated 1986
                        M83 SADF Rucksack dated 1982 (this was used by 44para in the Bush War then went out to Iraq in the 90's with some Mercs so it has a bit of history)

Weapons:
                        ICS Galil ARM, will be turned into the SADF R4 when I can afford the parts from SA
                        TM Colt Python .357 6" (not pictured)
                        Fire Team Zulu
                        Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                        http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Originally posted by CKinnerley View Post
                          Well the DAX are just Crye Gen2 copies end of the day, so if you really wanted the stretch panels (which the OPS don't have) for a bit of added comfort at the expense of a bit of longevity, that's really down to personal preference. Nice as they look, I just didn't fancy waiting 4 months for the Platatac option when all my other OPS stuff is good and they were in stock last week.

When you say "people who use them" do you mean Military/Police or guys you airsoft with? Either way, comparing it to my Crye trousers I see little difference at all except for the actual cut and design. All the actual materials come from the same official distributors as the big American brand names, probably off the very same rolls of fabric a lot of the time. Never had any issues with the thread or the stitch work either.
                          Just people I airsoft with, no one military.

Yeah, I don't think I really need the stretch panels like my Crye Gen 2s have, I've found them really comfortable but they've not made the biggest difference.
                          I've emailed a UK distributor of the Platatac DAX, so will find out what their ETA on the Kryptek is, then make a decision on OPS or Platatac.

Thanks Ckinnerly

Comment

Originally posted by CKinnerley View Post

I have a set of DAX and theyre bloody brilliant. On par with Crye, but i find the waist reinforcement a bit better. The pads for the knees too. But really its down to preference. If you find one cheaper than the other, buy that one. Theres a shop in the UK that sells loads of Platatac gear and i couldnt recommend them enough.

Im definitely getting some Mandrake at some point. Nice Ops trousers by the way!
                            AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Nickona, really like that! Always refreshing to see a change from the norm!
                              KWA LM4 || TM/Guarder G17

Gear freak, lover of helmets and TRMR's

Comment

Originally posted by SicklyPilot View Post
                                Nickona, really like that! Always refreshing to see a change from the norm!
                                Thanks a lot! The thing is its not that expensive especially compared to MOLLE kit of the same quality and longevity but importantly its really skirmishable!
                                Fire Team Zulu
                                Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                                http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shadowcaptain Something About Yourself... oh shit i dont think thats what it meant by "write something about yourself"basically i am alex rhodes, the one and only :Pi like to think of myself as just an average guy, with a good sense of humour, and some ace friendsim not big on myself so i will leave the judgements up to you...i just hope they are all goodso there you go...on the most basic of levels that is me___send us a message ____im allways about to answer them and will ALLWAYS REPLY unlike some peopleAlex Rhodes, (aka ShadowCaptain) x Find out more about shadowcaptain
                                Working...
                                X