This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pictures Of Your Gear

True :P, might get some multicam tape or ghillie it a bit.

Comment

Actually The MEU Pistol Isnt Just For Force Recon Its For The Marine Expeditionary Units (MEU) Its in the name. The Meu Is the step inbetween Normal Grunts And Force Recon Lads.
      They are The Quick Responce Force Of Americas Armed forces and A Unit Can Be Anywhere In the World Deployed In Less than 80 Hours (With Tanks Helipcopters Planes And Top Notch Usmc Infantry). 22nd Meu Is Pacific 23rd Is Atlantic And 25 is somewhere in Africa.
      Sorry For being off topic i just had to have my marine rant.

Comment

I Would Have Thought A Marine Expeditionary Unit Would Have Contained Normal Grunts As You Call Them And Force Recon Lads.

Comment

Sorry Murta, Im reading One Bullet Away at the moment and thats just... wrong.

An MEU is a Marine task force uniting Air and Ground units on a carrier ready to respond, as you say, at any given moment.

The 11th, 13th and 15th are part of 1 Marine Expeditionary Force, based in California, and respond to the Pacific and Indian oceans and Persian Gulf.

The 22nd, 24th and 26th are part of 2 Marine Expeditionary Force and are based in North Carolina. Their area is the Atlantic and the Mediterranean.

The last Marine Expeditionary force is based in Japan, permanently in the same place on Okinawa, and comprises just of the 31st MEU.

Each MEU consists of the following elements; Ground Combat, Aviation combat, logistics, and command.

Force Recon, the marine special forces, only make up a small contingent in each MEU's reconnaissance platoon, along with elements from other the other units in the MEU.

All the other members of the MEU are regular marines. 'Grunt' is a marine term referring to all combat infantrymen, including Force Recon. Otherwise you are a Pogue- Person other than grunt.

Lastly, the MEU is issued to Force Recon only at present.

I can go into more detail and cite sources if you wish, but for starters read One Bullet Away for a more technical account from a lieutenants point of view, or Generation Kill for a grunt's eye view.

Oh and Andys right- sort your caps out

Comment

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
            or Generation Kill for a grunt's eye view.

Oh and Andys right- sort your caps out
            Well more of a reporters perspective of a Grunts view. But both good, may I also suggest House to House which I recommended ages ago when we had the last server that didnt break.

Comment

i think that SAW para looks mint! i love where it has been wore down, really gives the impression its being used on a daily basis:D

Comment

Originally posted by sparxy View Post
                this looks wicked mate good job
                sigpic
                9mm Glock 19, Spikes Armory AR15, Mossberg 12 Gauge 18in The joys of living in the USA

Comment

Looks good Sparxy, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it SEAL-esque. Personnaly, it looks more like US Army or USSF.

Still good nonetheless
                  Does not speak moron.

Comment

Very very nice. Do I spy some Oakley SIs?
                    Also, what's your opinion on those Hatch kneepads?

Comment

Originally posted by Thantos View Post
                      Looks good Sparxy, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it SEAL-esque. Personnaly, it looks more like US Army or USSF.

Still good nonetheless
                      Well we entitiled the day Selarious sunday... in a SF style, but yes, not based on seals, we just wanted to do a good photoshoot where we didnt look too much like airsofters as I said by no means a fully blown imppression.

Here are some more for fun

PS thanks for the comments

ACU ARMADILLO

Comment

Originally posted by amandla36 View Post
                        Very very nice. Do I spy some Oakley SIs?
                        Also, what's your opinion on those Hatch kneepads?
                        Well oakleys do rock Dont no as there not mine, but I have heard great reviews from many a freind who have them and would deffinatly reccmoned them having tried on a pair, due to my large legs there not for me, but they are fantastic
                        ACU ARMADILLO

Comment

thats some awesome kit there mate

and yea i have oakley SI boots and gloves - damn comfy things - the boots feel like a pair of comfy trainers not stiff boots yet are very stable when going over rocky ground/steep hills etc
                          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Originally posted by sparxy View Post

Is it just me or does that look like one of your team is about to shoot his mate in the back of the head? :p

Love the loadout, Im mulling over doing a similar colour schemed thing based on the highly accurate and realistic cover art for Modern Warfare two

Comment

No I deffinitly wasnt going to shoot him in the back of the head :P Its just the angle, I have some epic ones of them both dragging me like ive been injured.... just awesome
                              ACU ARMADILLO

Comment

Gentlemen, may I present to you....

NIGHT VISION!

ATN Gen 1 3X zoom scope.

Yes, it's a gen 1......

Will try and get a review done tomorrow. Haven't had a chance to test this baby out yet. Hopefully, it'll be a clear night tonight

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shadowcaptain Something About Yourself... oh shit i dont think thats what it meant by "write something about yourself"basically i am alex rhodes, the one and only :Pi like to think of myself as just an average guy, with a good sense of humour, and some ace friendsim not big on myself so i will leave the judgements up to you...i just hope they are all goodso there you go...on the most basic of levels that is me___send us a message ____im allways about to answer them and will ALLWAYS REPLY unlike some peopleAlex Rhodes, (aka ShadowCaptain) x Find out more about shadowcaptain
                                Working...
                                X