Chest rig or plate carrier for SCAR H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chest rig or plate carrier for SCAR H

There are a lot of choices if you have 5.56mm mags, but far less if you run with a 7.6m set up.

A descent sized chest rig would be preferred as I have a WAS plate carrier and find it a little uncomfortable after a while. Although I hear good things about JPC's etc.

I really like the Haley Strategic Disruptive Environments Chest Rig, but it only seems to come with pre-fitted M4 mag pouches.

Any opinions?

Trader feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...411#post240411

Re: Chest rig or plate carrier for SCAR H

Quite a wide field of options, there's plenty of pouches out there which will fit the 762 NATO magazines which means you can just buy any PALS/MOLLE rig or plate carrier you fancy and deck it out for your purposes. Nothing much out of the ordinary.
    REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Some kinda micro molle xhest rig with correct pouches?
      FOR SALE
      7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
      , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I of course realise I can get the pouches, what I guess I'm really after is a recommendation of a rig that's comfortable for a whole day of Airsoft.
        If that is available ready fitted with some pouches, so much the better.

Comment

blue force gear do a really good ten speed SR25 chest rig that will take SCAR-H magazines comfortably.

Comment

Anything from a high end manufacturer should be perfectly comfortable for a skirmish day. IMO the issue with the DCS is the fact it really needs the fake plates to be in there and those force the whole thing in to a shape that isn't really much alike a human torso. Also the spacer mesh inside is good at what it does but it's a particularly coarse/heavy grade variety compared to the stuff everyone else uses, so that'll tend to rub; can make for a bit of an uncomfortable combination overall.

The BFG TenSpeed rig would indeed be very good. Not cheap but you do of course have to factor in what it would cost to buy 3 mags of capacity in pouches.
            REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Or you can make our own! Only took 4 hours on the wife's sewing machine.
              IMGA0999.jpg

Comment

There are Rhodessian chest riggs made for FAL mags so I guess they work for SCAR H too. Google it and it will lead you to a finnish store

Comment

I will always recommend the Osprey. 'Sharpshooter' pouches you get for em will meet your needs. If you get a multicam rig, the osprey pouches will match and are readily available for minimal cost.
                  ICS L85A2 - KWA Glock 17 - Bravo 22 Merseyside Regular

Comment

Hsgi style pouches, or the WAS equivalents on a clone lightweight rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Like CK said, any decent make of plate carrier won't be uncomfortable if adjusted correctly. Perhaps it needs a tweek here and there? And if you already have a WAS plate carrier, matching 7.62 WAS pouches are currently on sale.
                      “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

I only recently got a clone 6094 and was pleasantly surprised to find you can get a 7.62 tripple insert for the Kangeroo pouch.

Seems comfy enough with 3x 7.62 pmags in, but i have yet to field it.

Normally I use the issue sharpshooter mag pouches on a belt, but I also like the look of the Warrior Nemesis rig that CKinnerley reviewed, have to see if I can justify another rig!

Jim.

Comment

Thanks for the replies chaps, that gives me something to think about.

Comment

What the name of the 7.6 triple?
                            I may be moving onto scar h shortly
                            FOR SALE

Comment

I could only find a double for the 6094. Tis great
                              FOR SALE

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tack Find out more about Tack
                              Working...
                              X