Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What is "Kosher" for airsoft as far as dress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is "Kosher" for airsoft as far as dress?

Do I need to have some kind of Mil sim look? Or is it kosher to have a random assortment of camo? I already own a bunch of hunting gear and clothing based around that style. Is this "frowned upon" or against the rules? Or am I just going to get laughed at by kids who don't hunt and such? lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: What is "Kosher" for airsoft as far as dress?

It's a 'come as you are' party, unless you're doing milsim. Some people might grumble, but that's their problem. If you're comfortable, that's all that counts, hunting camouflage can be really effective, especially some of the digital photographic ones.

Comment

Originally posted by RitchieTheBrit View Post
      It's a 'come as you are' party, unless you're doing milsim. Some people might grumble, but that's their problem. If you're comfortable, that's all that counts, hunting camouflage can be really effective, especially some of the digital photographic ones.
      Yea. The stuff I use is pretty good. Breaks up my image well.

Comment

If people can get away with this for airsoft, I'm sure whatever you choose will be ok.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...1/P1018224.jpg

Comment

As said mate for softing anything goes. Only thing you may want to consider is not dressing in such a way as to disadvantage the team you are on, such as wearing day glo as you'll be seen and it'll blow the cover of all the lads you are with! The same is true of hard shells - if it's not raining don't wear goretex as it makes loads of noise lololol.

Comment

Well it's okay if it's Halal as well. So long as it was killed in a religious manner it's all good.

(Right, now that I'm done being a b****nd. Time for serious-ish answer)

You don't have to have a milsim look at all. One of the great things about airsoft is that you can even come to a site with a t-shirt and shorts. I wouldn't advise it (unless you're a masochist). But so long as you have eye pro and depending on the site, reasonable footwear, then you're good to go. I think I once saw someone go to a game in a mankini. Mind you, he did look fabulous. It's only at actual milsim games where there is a dress code. And if there are a small majority that laugh, forget them and their elitist views.

Originally posted by Hustle View Post
            If people can get away with this for airsoft, I'm sure whatever you choose will be ok.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...1/P1018224.jpg
            I didn't even look at this before I wrote out my reply to this thread. XD

Comment

The only thing really frowned upon is wearing insignia you don't deserve, otherwise dress like will I am if you so wish.

Comment

Thanks guys. Good to know. Then I suppose I'm goin out lookin like a redneck militia man. I suppose it works for my nations history.

Comment

Yeah the insignia thing does upset people, especially people who have gone to parachute school to earn the badge frown upon people who spent £1.00 online to order that same badge lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post
                    Yeah the insignia thing does upset people, especially people who have gone to parachute school to earn the badge frown upon people who spent £1.00 online to order that same badge lol.
                    Yall are talkin real military patches then?

Comment

Originally posted by stonewall50 View Post
                      Yall are talkin real military patches then?

Yes, btw potentially all the information you get from members of this website will be related to airsoft in the united kingdom. So you may not get a 100% correct answer. The us may have different opinions, rules & laws.
                      For Sale
                      Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Originally posted by Vex View Post
                        Yes, btw potentially all the information you get from members of this website will be related to airsoft in the united kingdom. So you may not get a 100% correct answer. The us may have different opinions, rules & laws.
                        Yea. I figured as much. I always do my own reading on the laws. And I do check with establishments on rules too. That is something I am used too because of hunting and being a concealed weapon permit holder. You can get into a lot of trouble for going somewhere you shouldn't.

Comment

Yeah I meant for real patches. Again, as mentioned this is a UK thread and US attitudes might be different, but from my experience of the US real steel sales market airsofters wearing issued/earned patches are pretty hated.

I think the only exception to this rule is those who are reinactors or working towards a real look, but even those are not always tolerated. I've seen loads of YouTube Airsoft vids where a person has proclaimed themselves as a serviceman in the comments and berated the airsofter.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

stonewall50 Find out more about stonewall50
                          Working...
                          X