Blue Force Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Force Gear

Anyone used the BFG 10 speed pistol mag pouches on their webbing?

I use 10 speed on my armour to house my 5.56 mags but am concerned that if I leave my 9 mil mags in them on my belt that I'll loose them in the bondu. Anyone any experience, good or bad?

Re: Blue Force Gear

Blue force gear is top notch,(assuming you're referring to real stuff, even the clones are pretty good). I have used the pistol mag pouches, albeit briefly, and they are brilliant, if anything, too hard to replace the mags!
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah I love the stuff, it's just up to now I've only used 10 speed on my vest, with it on my webbing I'm concerned that if I need to make a break for it, I'll loose a mag in the confusion. Wondering if a standard closed mag pouch would be a better idea.

Comment

I have the M4 versions and they work fine although I have pmags which obviously grip quite well.

Comment

I've been using the TenSpeed pistol pouches on most of my belt rigs for a couple of years now, never even lost a 1911 MEU mag (and they're seriously smooth and shiny) let alone a painted double stack mag.

Only problem is putting mags back in, you pretty much have to stop, focus on that alone and use two hands quite often, especially with the feed lips airsoft mags have. Personally that doesn't bother me much as I don't tac reload I just shoot 'til empty every time and re-bomb everything in the safe zone; just something to consider. If that is a negative factor get the pistol TACOs, they're also completely reliable retention wise even on 'slippery' mags in my experience (long as you tighten them down) and reinserting a mag one handed is far easier than with a TenSpeed.
          REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Cheers for the replies guys. I've never had a problem with my mags falling out of ten speed when they're on my chest just wondered what the experience was with them on a belt rig.

If I ever do get into a firefight where I need my pistol, I'll be dumping them into a dump pouch on the run!

Comment

yeah i've got a double pistol mag pouch that ive used for about 2 years and never had them fall out. I even use sr25 ones on my chest rig as they fit m4 and ak mags and they stay fine.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BobbyT83 Find out more about BobbyT83
              Working...
              X