Osprey - Small Head Hole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osprey - Small Head Hole?

Okay, so I ordered a set of Osprey from a certain auction site. They sold me a size they didn't have, so I elected for the next size down (170/100) which is actually the right size in theory. I went bigger after finding the UBACS were badly measured as well.

Anyway, donning and doffing the carrier gives me the kind of facial my girlfriend pays for, leaving me red raw.

What's everyone else's experience with this? My heads not exactly huge, I'm about a 58 in a beret.
    Last edited by RitchieTheBrit; 30 March, 2015, 18:49.

Re: Osprey - Small Head Hole?

I used to use 160/100 and had the same problem and I'm head size 55. Kept feeling like it was ripping my nose and ears of every time. If it's brand new it should soften up a bit with use. If it's used then I have no idea what to do bar shrinking your swede a bit.

Comment

Brand new. It's actually left me with a very sore eyebrow! Are you ex-army, Biggy?

Comment

Yes mate been out for a couple of years now mate.

Comment

Did the QM or the other guys mention this issue? Seems like quite a design flaw. Between this and the UBACs it makes me wonder if the RQMS know how to use a tape measure anymore!

Comment

I used the older dpm stuff and it had flaps for adding the collar to it. I just cut those buggers straight off. No idea what the score is with the new stuff unless you put it on sideways but that is a right pain with a decent loadout on it.

Comment

Its a Mk4, same flaps. Sideways won't work, it's too narrow. I was comparing it to my old PLCE kit and praising it until I tried it on ha! At least PLCE didn't try scraping bits of me off. If this was an improved version, I would have hated to be issued the earlier models. Cheers Biggy!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RitchieTheBrit Ex-squaddie, graphic designer, guy who keeps tripping over. Find out more about RitchieTheBrit
              Working...
              X