Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Glasses to buy?

Hey guys

I have been using large tactical goggles when playing, however im starting to get irritated with how card it is to fit a mask under it and to use gun sights!

Im looking for some recommendations on glasses which will do the job for me to test out!

Preferably cheap but also not something that will break!

Appreciate any guidance, seems to be a lot of brands and price points!

Re: Which Glasses to buy?

Bolle Trackers work fine for me; cheap and solid!

If you want mesh, look no further than Heroshark!

Comment

Im looking for the plastic lenses, the Bolle one slook good, any other around or are they the ones to get?

Do they fog?

Comment

I did not have significant fogging issues with the Bolles, but have always used an anti-mist fluid. I changed over to the Heroshark ones because I use prescription inserts and find mesh easier with them.

Comment

I've taken the plunge on a pair of Revision Bullet Ants. Less than £25 for a new, unused set.

Comment

Bought myself some Revision SawFly - feel great and work fine - although does state in the instructions "not for Airsoft use" lol!

Also, never use the word "cheap" when referring to your eyesight and buying something to protect it. You only get one pair of working eyes and you get what you pay for...

Bolle are good, revision are better and there even better again.

Comment

Define better. I have shot a pair of Bolle Trackers three times in the same spot with a 490fps sniper rifle; they survived intact.

I will use whatever words I choose, so please do not tell me never to use certain words in a context.

The Sawflys are good for what they are designed for, which is military use; however, for airsoft they are flawed as they do not seal. Eyepro that does not provide a seal imposes an inherent level of risk as there is an opportunity for a BB to get past them, as has happened. As you stated, you only get one pair of eyes; it is your choice. That is why the instructions say "not for airsoft use".

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
                I will use whatever words I choose, so please do not tell me never to use certain words in a context.
                Who said I was referring to you, fella? The advice was the to OP.

Second of all, my point still stands. You shouldn't buy cheap eye pro because it's cheap. Buy the best you can to protect your eyes.

Whilst mine might not seal like yours, mine were bought after much research online from airsoft users both abroad and home using these as their primary eye protection and were deemed perfectly suitable. They're also closer to the eye than my previous 2 sets of bolle glasses. But you are correct in saying a full seal is far more safe than what I have. I just prefer what I have.
                Last edited by tomson2912882; 26 April, 2015, 10:19.

Comment

On average we spend £200+ on a gun and mags, £100+ on webbing and pouches, £100+ on clothing and boots. Hard to justify a five quid set of ACM mesh goggles or fifteen quid on suspect full seal goggles.

Cheap is very relative, but as noted some milspec solutions are available for just over £20 so anything else just doesn't make sense. If you want mesh, go with Heroshark, otherwise Bolle, Revision, ESS etc.

Comment

Having read the post on this site about the guy who took a BB to the eye after it came through one of the gaps in his non-sealed eyepro, I would only consider using sealed versions.

Comment

Buller Ants turned up this morning, very happy! Haven't tried them with my lid on yet, but comfortable as hell. +1 from me!

Comment

I use the Ants, find them very comfortable but as I presume I am a sweaty bugger they fog for me even with various different "solutions" applied. What I found worked is drilling a small row of holes along the top and bottom of the lenses (there's another post somewhere about this, Heroshark tested drilled lenses with a point blank sniper to ensure safety). Ive also taken the foam out of the top of the frames to allow the heat/moisture out faster.
                        "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

infernouk Find out more about infernouk
                        Working...
                        X