Camouflage for helmets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camouflage for helmets!

So. I know there's a good chance of me starting a flame war on this one but here goes... Have you had/seen a camouflage pattern on your helmet that actually helped? If so what was it? I know the general consensus is that camouflage in airsoft is a bit meh, but there have been times when I've been hiding in some foliage and MTP has actually helped me to stay concealed

P.S I'm planning on painting my helmet (currently a black protec) so if anyone has a pattern that is fairly easy to paint then that is amazing :D

Re: Camouflage for helmets!

It will work to an extent (if your in undergrowth and you've a sold black helmet on it'll show up more than a camo one would) but yea camo is a rather moot point in Airsoft !
    A lot of players who do wear helmets (me included) who have painted them go for a sort of mesh pattern on it , first spray with a base colour then overlay a net of some sort (I used an old scrim scarf) spray a light coat of a different colour and hay presto job don ! Not too dramatic but will break up the shape a tad !
    From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Thanks Druid

Yeah I've tried a solid black loadout before, big mistake...and I'd noticed that a lot of people like snake skin style camo, so that pretty much answers my question! the only other camo type id seen is a base of OD green, with leaf stencils and a litter green or tan to give it a woodland effect, quite cool but would probably look naff if done wrong :P its a shame you can't paint a-tacs fg using spray paint very effectively

Comment

better way to do the mesh pattern would be spray whatever base pattern you want, then just attach the mesh to the helmet, that way you have the mesh pattern, it's 3D so is breaks up the profile [ever so slightly] and if you want to go very sneaky you can attach flora to your lid with ease.
        don't get mad at people who don't call their hits, if they didn't call it you must have missed...keep shooting...reload if you have to...

Comment

Originally posted by Bobovan View Post
          better way to do the mesh pattern would be spray whatever base pattern you want, then just attach the mesh to the helmet, that way you have the mesh pattern, it's 3D so is breaks up the profile [ever so slightly] and if you want to go very sneaky you can attach flora to your lid with ease.
          Hmmm...sort of a half helmet/half ghillie approach...I like it :P if I do it and it goes well I'll post some pictures :P I am in Canada for a while though so no-one hold your breath :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DannyUK Dan Goodall Find out more about DannyUK
          Working...
          X