Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Calling all Boogie Regulator users! (Please help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Boogie Regulator users! (Please help)

Hello Ladies and Gents

I'm looking to buy some Smith Optics Boogies at some point soon- I have a faithful pair of Bolle shooting glasses but I'm always nervous about a stray bb catching me at a bad angle and doing some damage, but I digress!
    Basically I play almost exclusively outdoor but I may do a bit of indoor CQB from time to time, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend which of the 3 regulator lenses to buy, clear, grey or ignitor, that will serve me best in any situation?

-TLDR: I really like the ingnitor lenses but I don't know if they'll be too dark indoors please halp :P

Re: Calling all Boogie Regulator users! (Please help)

none, at all. they're terrible for airsoft! they're meant for parajumping. I had a pair, fogged up like hell on its first use, and I also got a bb fragment in my eye through the air vents which was extremely unlucky.
    The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by Stones View Post
      none, at all. they're terrible for airsoft! they're meant for parajumping. I had a pair, fogged up like hell on its first use, and I also got a bb fragment in my eye through the air vents which was extremely unlucky.
      Wow...okay then, that sorts that right out :P any chance of a recommendation for a different pair? (Preferably cheap)

Comment

As your already a fan of bolle, have a look at their goggles, nice quality, but ultimately your best to try stuff on, either at a retailers or maybe ask some of the players at your next skirmish, that way you know what fits your boat before parting with any cash.

Comment

Thanks I don't have a local store until I move cities in a few months and my normal site only stocks my bolle shooting glasses (first world problems I know...) but I'll try to find somewhere to try some on/borrow from a fellow airsofter for a few minutes at my next game

Comment

Yup, regulators are terrible for airsoft (absolutely terrible).

I'm a mesh convert these days, absolutely love my cheapo mesh goggles, I'm upgrading to a heroshark pair at the moment.
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by DannyUK View Post
              Wow...okay then, that sorts that right out :P any chance of a recommendation for a different pair? (Preferably cheap)

Not cheap but you only have 2 eyes. I recommend Oakley M frame 3.0's (ballistic rated) with the helo kit.
              They have not let me done in cqb and outdoor environments. The helo kit is effectibly a gasket which gives you the full seal around the eyes.

Used mesh for ages, until a BB shattered and i ended up having my eye washed out in hospital....not recommended!
              FOR SALE:
              TRI AN/PRC 152 Radio package

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1451643

Comment

I would echo what the others say about the regulators. I bought the clear and tinted lens then found out the hard way that they were unusable.

However, whatever you decide to go for, the best all round choice for lenses is always clear in my opinion. Tinted lenses will always be a hindrance as it gets darker. For example stepping into a room with no light or trying to spot another player hidden in undergrowth.

Comment

Thanks to every one who replied I think I'll have a look at something from Oakley or Bolle as I know I can trust them normally I try to do airsoft as cheaply as possible but it's just not worth the risk :P and Dave thanks but I get twitchy about the gaps around my bolle glasses, the idea of mesh goggles terrifies me :P

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest (and sorry for the double post) the only reason I was considering the regulators was the fact that I saw Jet Desertfox running them during OP: Irene so I thought "oh they must be good" :P clearly this is not the case :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DannyUK Dan Goodall Find out more about DannyUK
                  Working...
                  X