SCAR H Any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCAR H Any advice?

Hi there folks, im set on a SCAR-H in tan, it will be either a STAR or VFC (price not really i issue), anyone had any experiece with them, any advice would be greatly apprieciated, just want to get some first hand stories.

cheers guys
    olly

Re: SCAR H Any advice?

If you want the EGLM right now go with the Star, otherwise get the VFC.

You're most likly gripe is going to be the lack of mid/low caps for both guns as they use funny mags. As far as I know normal M14 or SR25 mags don't fit well so you're going to be stuck with OEM Hi-caps.
    VFC are due to release mids soon but they said the eglm would be out soon as well, and that was in september....As for the star I'm not really too sure about when mids are coming out for it.

Both are stunning replica's with few visual faults but internally the VFC has a fantastic GB that can stand a 12v battery (non-lipo) standard. That means it'll last forever on a 9.6v. I use 10.8v with a 9.6v as backup and get 23rps which is a bit ott for CQB because its like a hose but meh, thats what you get when you buy quality.
    SAVE OUR SPORT
    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

AND, i belive you get a fitted carry case with the VFC one

Comment

you do indeed, although you better not loose the little foam squares because if you do the gun will move around in the case.
        SAVE OUR SPORT

Comment

Thanks guys, any ideas on the internals of the star and how they compare to the vfc? and any information on the range and accuracy of the two? any idea when the eglm for the vfc is to come out and its price? cheers in advance folks

olly

Comment

I spent an age trying to decide which Scar to get. But after you read everything, talk to people and hold a couple there really is only one choice VFC.
            The build quality is the best on any Aeg I have ever held it is beautiful you could mistake it for the real thing. The internals are pretty much un-breakable and they shoot like demon's on any size battery. I went for the Scar-L simply because of the mag problems. As mentioned above with the H you must use VFC mags and of course you are left with the same old mag-pouch problem! The Scar-L feed most mags including the Mag-midcap's and of course you can fit any scope combination you want.

I have decided to sell mine simply because of a knee injury so I'm going back to sitting in bushes with a sniping stick, but I can not recommend these guns enough they really are that good.
            Just a note with the case! go to the craft shop and get a sheet of the 2.5mm foam matting they use for sound deadening and line the case with that it wont move an inch.

Comment

I think the righht choice is VFC for all the reasons cited above. It's realistic looks, weight and feel is unmatched. It's gearbox must be build along victorian engineering principles when VFC seem to be Ok with using a 12v battery- although I won't chance it.

The VFC SCar is one on my best Airsoft purchases.
              Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

Yeah the book says its 12v safe out the box but I wouldn't risk it. I've been running mines on a 10.8v as previously said and theres been no trouble at all. It should last forever on lower voltage batteries.

As for the eglm release date, good question. I have been checking airsoft Europe news everyday since October just encase it decides to come out... VFC say "Spring 2009!" and price is unknown. I'd put a bet at $200 since thats the price of the STAR standalone one. Perhaps a bit more since its VFC and alot more if you get it from the UK instead of importing.
                SAVE OUR SPORT

Comment

Thanks again guys and the concensus seems to vote for the VFC, but iv got a very tempting offer of a STAR SCAR with grenade launcher at £385, id say it was a steal at that price, what do you tihnk? anyoe have ay experience with the performance of the STAR?

cheers

Comment

Theres a thread floating around discussing scars, though i cant remember which sub forum it was in
                    Personnally i'd stay clear of a star scar, go VFC

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Olly Find out more about Olly
                    Working...
                    X