Boots Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots Advice

Hi I am looking for a new pair of boots, I currently have a pair of Condor boots but I find them a bit loose around the sides as I have slim feet which leaves them a bit uncomfortable. I am wondering if anyone knows what the Viper brand boots are like sizewise and for comfort or Under Armour brand boots also. or even recommendations of your own.

I use JCB (tan) boots at work that are a slimmer fit and are very comfortable but wouldn't be suitable for airsoft. I have attached a picture that shows the difference in widthbetween the 2, although may be difficult for you to see so I apologise. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Re: Boots Advice

i see alot of airsofter wearing desert type boots or jungle type boots

which is not right for this climate but maybe is for a loadout,

any ways what size feet are you i have really solid/water proof issued boots for sale

like the alt-berg took me through 6 months of infantry training doing alot of crazy shit lol

finally died on me on final ex when i walked through a tunnel waist deep in water in garelockhead Scotland!
    Revision Sawfly Tactical/Safety Glasses £15 Free shipping
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...-Free-shipping
    Feedback
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=128914

Comment

Boots Advice

I have girly feet (size 6 and very slim) but I find the current issue magnum amazon 5 boots to be almost perfect. Still a little roomy in the width department, but the only boots I've ever found which are a better fit are a pair of £200 Zambalan ultralites. Seeing as my magnums cost be £15 I'm not going to complain about an almost perfect fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know they are in tan but it's difficult to find modern kit in woodland/temperate colours.

Comment

Cheers for your input

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers for your input

Comment

You could try getting some thicker insoles to reduce the volume a bit which should improve fit a bit. Might be worth taking the boots to a decent camping shop and they could help you try sock / insoles combos to get a good fit.
          "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
          George Carlin

Comment

Insoles can work, however you can push your heal out of the heal cup, leading to blisters. Also if your boot is too wide then insoles won't help at all.
            Fitting boots is a long process which doesn't always have an end.

By the way, my last job was at an outdoor shop where I was taught all this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a pair of Viper 'MTP' twin side zip boots. They seem to have a narrow fit compared to Magnums for example. They're light weight and very easy to walk 'quietly' in them, even in woodland. However, they are not waterproof. Not a problem, as I wear them with a pair of Seal Skin waterproof socks on wet days.
              Avatar photo by Chloe of Airsoft Photography
              www.facebook.com/ChloeAirsoftPhotography

Comment

I have a pair of Adidas GSG9 tactical boots that are a slim fit, more so than the Magnums I used to wear. They are nice and comfy and feel like trainers but give great support to my ankle.

Apparently they are only 'water resistant' but I have never got wet wearing them in the rain and can recommend them for comfort. They have quite a rigid sole and offer good protection.

They only seem to come in old school black so if your after coyote of some latest fad camo pattern they may not be for you. However, if you want a hard wearing tactical boot with a good pedigree I can recommend them.

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked, they are in fact Adidas GSG9.2 boots!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nibs234 Find out more about nibs234
                Working...
                X