ballistic shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ballistic shields

Im canvassing opinion here for a potential future project, anyone who is interested in this please post a message here

I am considering making replica ballistic shields for use in airsoft /paintball games. They wouldnt have any real ballistic protection but would stop airsoft / paintball rounds no problem

Ideal for those who like to do SWAT / SAS CTU loadouts or similar

Price would be about £40 plus postage. This covers the cost of materials, paint, tools and my time taken to make these

Let me know what y'all think

Re: ballistic shields

but having a shield wouldnt that just defeat the tactics of the game and just piss your enemy off?

Comment

the rules GZ urban use i think are good
      1. They must be the same size and weight as a real model.

2. They must be used in the same way as a real one would be, and not used to aid in your "god mode" impersonation. If you are advancing down a corridoor and rounds are constantly hitting it, you would be dead - even ballistic shields can not withstand rounds forever.

3. We therefore ask that you try and keep a count of approx. 30 rounds. If you think you've been hit repeatedly, put the shield down and carry on without it, it's out of action. This is the best way for the defending force to hold you off - if they can give it a burst of fully auto, you're without it and you still have to come in un-armoured!
      Originally posted by Stones
      true, but one goes boom at things that fly and one goes boom at things infantry dont like.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitchy View Post
        but having a shield wouldnt that just defeat the tactics of the game and just piss your enemy off?
        Nope it would just get whoever is carrying it shot in the ankles/shins.

Comment

but how about if it was a realy small person with a big shield :P

Comment

Depends on the type of shield and the weapon being fired at it and the type of ammo, ive seen a baker batshield that stopped four magazines (120 rounds total) of jacketed hollow point rounds fired from an MP5K

A similar principle works with body armour, for example the Dragon Skin body armour vest, which I recommend to anybody going to work PMC in Iraq it will cost a weeks wages. Its worth it for the following reasons;

70 rounds of mild-steel cored 7.62 x 39mm AKM
            7 rounds of solid slug from a Remington 870
            6 rounds of .38 special fired in frustration from the examiners personal sidearm when he realised the long guns still hadnt penetrated the ceramic armour

Comment

I might be interested but i would like to see it

Comment

Originally posted by Twitchy View Post
                but how about if it was a realy small person with a big shield :P
                Or a really big person with two shields?

Would be interested to see the end result!
                Trader feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by Weeble View Post
                  Or a really big person with two shields?

Would be interested to see the end result!
                  you could just put them in a massive hamsterball

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

vityaz Find out more about vityaz
                  Working...
                  X