Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Multicam UBACS Combat Shirt - What Make?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multicam UBACS Combat Shirt - What Make?

Evening all

I'm looking at getting a new multicam UBACS combat shirt to go with my Crye G3 trousers.

Which one of the following is the best one to go for in terms of quality (or any other makes that you can recommend):

LBX: £59
    Emerson: £38
    Helikon: £46
    5:11: £68

I have looked at Crye but don't fancy dropping another £175 on a shirt

Thanks

Re: Multicam UBACS Combat Shirt - What Make?

My 2 pence worth - stay away from helikon...

I have had their combat trousers is multicam - stitching came away on the leg pockets. I have had a different style of their combat pants and the crotch split from fly to bum crack - so did my mates set.

I have their Ubacs in multicam with the green stretchy body piece. Again stitching came away on the pockets (arm pockets) and the stretchy material got very bubbly after just a couple of uses. Also the material on the arms is very rough feeling and is even more uncomfortable when wet.

You haven't mentioned proper in our list, they aren't that pricey! I have had proper combat trousers and they were too thick but I've also had a proper ubacs and it was excellent. The back where the arms join is sort of pleated in a way so when you move your arms it doesn't pull at the material between your shoulder blades. It's a small thing but makes so much difference.

Anyway, in terms of helikon, both mine and my mates experiences have been of very poor quality stitching and really hard fabric that rubs and chafes when wet.

Comment

I found the Propper shirt massively too thick/hot for summer use, good value though and it's nice if you want a combat shirt to go under a PC for the winter.

I'd have said Tru-Spec as my top recommendation but I don't think there's a european stockist, at least I've not found one yet anyway. The OPS (ur-tac) Gen 2 shirt is pretty nice, all my clothing from them has been good. I also have an LBX shirt which looks good but haven't tested it out yet; my 5.11 stuff has always been solid too.
      REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

I have recently acquired a Massif US Army one purchased from a fairly well known global auction site.
        Great quality, thick elbow pads, loads of pockets, wicking stretchy material and Velcro galore. Well worth buying one. Cost me about £25 inc. P&P. New with tags too.
        Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Comment

Good product, however the Large is a little on the small side for me.

Comment

I've still got (and use) a 3 year old Emmerson shirt - its the Crye AC copy.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

I love Airsoft Find out more about I love Airsoft
            Working...
            X