Collapse

eyewear/goggles that will NOT fog/mist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eyewear/goggles that will NOT fog/mist!

hey guys

I have an issue were all the eye wear i own, some viper goggles and some bolle glasses, fog early in the day, every time i attend an event.

It really ruins my experience and im looking to get the issue sorted, i want no fogging and am happy to spend whatever it takes to achieve this!

Appreciate any help identifying suitable solutions

Re: eyewear/goggles that will NOT fog/mist!

Mesh shooting glasses or goggles would be my suggestion.
    Wanted - Western Arms Beretta M1934 GBB

Comment

The only things that will 100% not fog are mesh.

Or you could try some anti fog.

Comment

For polycarb eye protection your best bet is ESS or revision fan goggles, but then I've had people say they've fogged in them. You can get thermal lenses for them too but they are expensive and not easy to source. I won't get into mesh because I'll be biased.

Comment

Yep I've had ESS ice ones which still fogged no matter what I did with my them so now just stick to herosharks, never had issues and still good for low light, sniping and general play
          sigpic

Comment

Hero shark is saying he is biased because he makes some of, if not the best, mesh goggles available on the market.

If you want something that won't fog, ever and you do day games outdoors mesh are perfect and you won't do better than a set of herosharks.

I don't use mesh, I do night games a lot and find mesh just too dark. However I wear bolle glasses, use anti fog and heavily customise any facemasks to prevent fogging, but I do still very occasionally fog.

As glasses aren't full seal a lot of people won't use them. I do, but they are your eyes and its your choice.
            sigpic

Comment

My full goggles fogged really badly the first time I used them with an anti fog spray. I switched to nuprol stuff anti-fog and it seems to have worked. Nuprol products are very hit and miss though. I tend to apply inside and out, leave for 10 mins, polish and repeat around 5 times.

11899789_1019880694709288_3698800359325082148_n.jpg

Comment

Get a set of Herosharks.

Comment

I've tried all sorts ESS, Revision, Dye, Scott, Smith Optics and the only thing that 100% does not fog are my Heroshark goggles, worth every penny IMHO.

I have heard really good things about ESS, Smith and Oakley fan goggles but I just cant justify dropping that kind of cash, especially when my mesh ones for most games (only time I use glasses is when its night.

Comment

I have been wearing some Oakley Jawbone glasses (they call them Racing Jackets now) with vented lenses and they havent fogged once.

I also leak like a machine gunned bathtub, can't wear a mask as the sweat just drips out of it. But the Oaks are great, had a baseball cap on also to soak some of the sweat up, still didnt fog.

The only time they do is if i pull a scarf up over my nose and mouth, they then fog with each breath as it rises up through the top. But as i breathe in, clears again.

If you want a good antifog treatment for lenses use Oakley Hydrophobic solution (basically like Rain-Ex for car windscreens), the water beads instead of fogging

Comment

ESS Ice for outdoors, ESS V12 advancers for indoors. Make sure you buy a set that comes with the "ESS NoFog cloth", I have no idea what it does but its amazing. I am a fat sweaty hambeast when charging about playing stormtrooper at the weekends and ESS just does not fog if you prep it correctly. Ive had 1 ESS cloth and its lasted me close to 6 years now and still going strong - despite being caked in sweat, mud and camo face paint, it still prevents my goggles or glasses from steaming up. The problem I get instead is sweat running down the lenses (especially when wearing a helmet for indoors CQB) which you cant do anything about really

Comment

Something I've noticed with a variety of goggles is they tend are more likely to steam up if your eyebrows are encased in the goggles or if they touch the edges of the goggles. I've fitted small pieces of rubber to my goggles where they touch the bridge of my nose and temples just to step them away from my eyebrows and face slightly (less than a bb width!) to provide some ventilation. This does help a lot. I've not used anti-fog sprays but perhaps if I combined that too with my mod it would be perfect?. I used to use antifog sprays for motorcycle helmets and they worked a treat in the past.. might get one and try it next time I play.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

infernouk Find out more about infernouk
                        Working...
                        X