Mixing camo's a sin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mixing camo's a sin?

So long as I know that I look fabulous, that's all that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by mack View Post
      What I find more of a sin, people who think camo in airsoft works. Harry potters cloak of invisability wont help you at the ranges we play, wear whatever the fuck you want.
      Terrible sin, thinking that camo works in airsoft.

Harry Potter's cloak, it'll never work in airsoft I tell the all...

Where did I put my camo? I'm sure I left it here somewhere...

Last edited by Trouble; 22 December, 2015, 23:57.
      “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Yes, I mix camo. It helps break up the human shape. Whether it's with full 3D suits or flat camo. US woodland bottom, British woodland top in the summer. Currently Realtree lower, British DPM upper. Or in 3D I'll use full leafy top, dead wood look on the legs... I'll even put different camo on each arm + leg. Anything to stop me looking like a human shape...

“If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Best camo is a mix. I always mix

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Comment

Mixing camo isn't a bad thing. I tend to mix MTP/Multicam with Woodland/Desert DPM with like AOR 1/2 gear. Personally for me, going in just one camouflage seems a bit boring.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Comment

camo
              ok hear I go mixing camo is not a sin as far as I am concerned what about the guys and girls that are on a budget that can only stretch to used mix and match or the ones that are just starting out and are using what is available to them or here's one god forbid in this country that someone might actually like what they are wearing as far as I remember this is a free country where an individual can choose to wear what he or she likes
              or am I thinking about the wrong sport all together as I didn't realize that snobs who look down on other people for what ever reason played in this great sport of airsoft perhaps if they would like to come forward and be open about Victorian principles we could ask them to leave and the would possibly be better off without them sorry for the rant but I didn't realize that this sport was for the chosen few

Comment

I do not have an issue with it. I have used mixed camouflage for real when I deployed on Gulf War 2 in 2003, DPM and (Gulf War 1 vintage) desert cam. The usual lack of kit available to the Army, in the same way that initially there were no plates for our body armour, it took quite a while before supplies of desert clothing and boots were issued.

For airsoft games in woodland I wear DPM with A-TACS FG chest rig and FAST helmet cover, it does the job. My Dye i4 mask is probably the strangest item.

Wear what is comfortable and spend however much you want. It may not look aesthetically pleasing to everyone but unless there is a dress code it is not an issue. Those who do go to a lot of effort and detail with their clothing should not be castigated by the chavs who cannot afford it or be bothered to make the effort (reverse snobbery). I have never experienced airsofters openly looking down on others for what they wear, I find that there is more curiosity and asking questions on what brand/make/style it is, just like we do with other players guns.

Comment

Last weekend i was rocking USAF ABUs (digital/tiger stripe pattern in various green/blue shade) with a RealTree jacket.

Probably looked ridiculous but the ABUs are the toughest issue trousers i have ever come across and the RealTree worked a treat in the woods were we play, the amount of guys i ended up behind and shot in the back as they didnt see me flanking them was just comical...

So i do believe some patterns work better than others in different environments, thats what they were designed for, but they only augment actual tactical ability rather than substitute for it!

So wear what works, what fits, what you can afford, whatever. For me the only sin is wearing double-camo down to Tescos lol

Comment

Mixing camos can be an integral part of an SF loadout.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends on the camo. Some can work really well.

But what do I know? I wear UTP because I think it looks well gucci and dont care what other people think - regardless of how well it works in woodland or not...

(N.B. I get shot... a lot... )

Comment

UTP? I say this all the time on these threads... Airsoft is as much dress up for some people as it is shooting so wear what you like

Comment

I like to wear atacs fg as i dnt want to follow the multicam or mtp crowd is that wrong of me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post
                            UTP? I say this all the time on these threads... Airsoft is as much dress up for some people as it is shooting so wear what you like
                            UTP, "universal" terrain pattern, AKA ACU, AKA I-C-U (for obvious reasons :P ) that light tan/grey/sandish coloured stuff the Yanks use for invading the middle east but sticks out like a sore thumb in British woodlands

I think it looks cool as fuck, even if it only works in one place:

Comment

Yeah I like the sofa pic. I remember now it's UTP - people often call it ACU but that is the cut of the uniform lol.

Comment

It is always a sin. But UTP is a worse sin!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Digital Find out more about Digital
                                Working...
                                X