Mixing camo's a sin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mixing camo's a sin?

I remember some US soldiers suing the government over UCP being so crap it was dangerous Still if you like the look

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Does mixing RG OD FG and brown Zephyrs count?

Comment

I like the sound of that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome back to the thread that never dies...
          "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

See in my opinion it's a must unless it's for a specific load out.
            Every looked around the woods. You rarely see a matching pattern over any real area.
            I'm restarting and in tempted to use something like atacs fg with a flecktarn assault vest. Or maybe the other way round with flecktarn top/bottoms and atacs vest.

Comment

Originally posted by steve grey View Post
              Welcome back to the thread that never dies...
              *harsh whisper* sssorryyyyy

Comment

I wore a santa hat to last years Xmas game? does that count as mixing?

Comment

Camo works in airsoft, had a guy in our woodlands with atacs, I walked 1 foot from the guy and didn't see him at all.

I know many with tans, browns, greens and blacks all on their person.
                  Most of the time they are the ones that get a successful flank for the objective.

I'm not sure on what your fields are like but we have trees, tall field grass, all the things some of you desert folks think a forest is like.

Go to your field, note the area, see what others use and if you can see them they picked the wrong camo.

Our area woodland with multicam is the second best next to full atacs fg.

Sound and fast movement give you away more than the camo you use.

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                  UTP, "universal" terrain pattern, AKA ACU, AKA I-C-U (for obvious reasons :P ) that light tan/grey/sandish coloured stuff the Yanks use for invading the middle east but sticks out like a sore thumb in British woodlands

I think it looks cool as fuck, even if it only works in one place:

Most of the us army doesn't use that anymore, when it's dirty it works in some sandy city areas.

Comment

the right camo deffinatly works in a woodland/green enviroment especially if your in the right spot aswell, i.e not silhouetted , a lot of people fail do anything with there head, gun and mask , so camos not totally pointless but it really doesnt help as all it takes is for the enemy's eye to catch one little thing out of place and thats it your spotted..

Comment

It most certainly does work at airsoft ranges. Mine's worked at 10 feet (and it isn't a ghillie). As for mixing it, if it works it works, who gives a shit what the fashion-Nazis say.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy crap, I've only just realised there's a guy on that sofa!

- - - Updated - - -

This is the one where the guy was standing 10 feet away from my left and didn't spot me:

DSC06296.jpg

Comment

MTP & AOR1 all day long!!!

Comment

Guilty UTP user lol just cause i like it, also I'm yet to see anyone else use it at my local site and i like to have something abit different, although switching to the woodland version to see if it blends any better. As for mixing I have no issue with people doing and tbh I wouldn't even take any notice. If anything it's nice to see something different than the sea of mtp/ multi cam lol

Comment

Mixing camo's a sin?

Originally posted by lemon191 View Post
                            Guilty UTP user lol just cause i like it, also I'm yet to see anyone else use it at my local site and i like to have something abit different, although switching to the woodland version to see if it blends any better. As for mixing I have no issue with people doing and tbh I wouldn't even take any notice. If anything it's nice to see something different than the sea of mtp/ multi cam lol

Our Team"used" UCP but stopped after we noticed that we stood out badly and we would get shot out before anyone. Now we only use it for Urban games..woodland is a mix of MC or Woodland M88..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Originally posted by dj2l8b View Post
                              Our Team"used" UCP but stopped after we noticed that we stood out badly and we would get shot out before anyone. Now we only use it for Urban games..woodland is a mix of MC or Woodland M88..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Yeah it does stand out in woods as it's to light, compared to everything else around . But that's why I'm going to give marpat ago

Comment

Originally posted by Siggi View Post
                                It most certainly does work at airsoft ranges. Mine's worked at 10 feet (and it isn't a ghillie). As for mixing it, if it works it works, who gives a shit what the fashion-Nazis say.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy crap, I've only just realised there's a guy on that sofa!

- - - Updated - - -

This is the one where the guy was standing 10 feet away from my left and didn't spot me:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]168270[/ATTACH]

To be fair the reason why it worked at 10 feet was because your average airsofter is blind. :p
                                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Digital Find out more about Digital
                                Working...
                                X