which stock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which stock?

im planning on getting one of them new full metal jg m733's in the summer but i've never really liked the standard m4 stock. what do people recommend for a 6foot1 player with relatively long arms? in proportion i've been looking at the dboys vltor either clubfoot or normal as both have that pad on the back to make the stock a bit longer. so any ideas guys? cheers

Russell
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Re: which stock?

ive got the element vesion of the vltor clubfoot stock, it has the pad aswell, good quality, it also has a bit of storage in the back,not sure what for but...
    i wouldnt use it if you plan on having a battery in the stock because it isnt really designed like that, i think its more like the real one, i use mine without the storage bits on the side(as they are removeable) and i think it looks quite funky:D.overall its a good stock

Comment

I like the TDI arms stocks... and the CTR... quite comfy... the clubfoots are lovely, but asthetics on a 733? :S

Comment

yeah not sure it would look right though.lol.especially with the fixed carry handle

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten View Post
          I like the TDI arms stocks... and the CTR... quite comfy... the clubfoots are lovely, but asthetics on a 733? :S
          yeah i know it probably won't look right but would rather have the functionability

i haven't heard of those stocks kitten can you link them please?
          TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

cheers kitten! liking both of them! which would you say is more comfortable? is the tdi one longer or is that just the picture? in your opinion which would be better for a taller player? cheers

Comment

slightly longer... but my tall is different to your tall!

If you want a stock for a tall player, consider the g&p sniper stock... full m16 stock with an extending buttplate... I wont link as a mod just told me off for linking to another retailer?

Comment

I saw a sliding full stock somewhere. If I can find it again I'll post the link.
                sigpic

Comment

car15 by any chance ? :P good luck finding one of those... its also shorter than a full 16 stock

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten View Post
                    slightly longer... but my tall is different to your tall!

If you want a stock for a tall player, consider the g&p sniper stock... full m16 stock with an extending buttplate... I wont link as a mod just told me off for linking to another retailer?
                    i only need a little longer than standard m4 stock on longest setting so thinking vltor or tdi would be good. or maybe even just a rubber pad on the standard m4 stock?? then the aesthetics won't get messed up, which might be good as its going to be bhd-esque (silencer with red dot) with a few changes for functionability or aesthetics (grip, cqb sling mount etc) perhaps even a vertical front grip to really screw the look up

Comment

Crane stock... nuff said

G&P M4A1 Mariiiiine

Comment

if you want the bhd look, then go for a rubber butt plate on the stock (gives you the added length)
                        buy the carry handle mount to stick an aimpoint on
                        and finally either tape a torch on(if using a silencer ala gary gordon) or barrell mount a torch
                        and voila delta weapon of choice

i'll be doing a sort of brit based bhd tribute loadout and have opted for brit dessies, od gloves, pads and guarder plate carrier
                        dpm webbing and an olive and light green/sand sprayed hk416 with a silencer, aimpoint on an l-mount and a torch on the right ris, with rail covers on the rest
                        Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

Originally posted by army will View Post
                          if you want the bhd look, then go for a rubber butt plate on the stock (gives you the added length)
                          buy the carry handle mount to stick an aimpoint on
                          and finally either tape a torch on(if using a silencer ala gary gordon) or barrell mount a torch
                          and voila delta weapon of choice

i'll be doing a sort of brit based bhd tribute loadout and have opted for brit dessies, od gloves, pads and guarder plate carrier
                          dpm webbing and an olive and light green/sand sprayed hk416 with a silencer, aimpoint on an l-mount and a torch on the right ris, with rail covers on the rest
                          i was gonna miss out the torch. this isn't going to be for cqb more woodland. going to run a longer barrel into the silencer. hopefully have room for at least an ak length, preferably g3 or m16. its not going to be accurate bhd i just like the red dot and silencer combo plus i already have a guarder ops m4 silencer lying around

Comment

im 6 foot 3 and the standard jg extendable stock does me fine. even with a scope on the top rail. although i do aim with my eye only about 1 or 2 inches from the scope. i can imagin it would be fine.

i would like a stock that looked a bit cooler though. any ideas as to a unique one that would fit a jg?
                            TEAM TG: 'TWO TONE'

BRAVO

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

caffin999 IT Consultant Find out more about caffin999
                            Working...
                            X