Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rappelling loadout hmmzy

att least 3 slings (varying sizes)
    carabiners (amount depends on anchor points)

it really depends on the enviroment though

i might add that if you have never abseiled/set up your own anchor before you should receive proper instruction on doing so! most people dont understand abseiling is actually very dangerous !

+ you will also need prusic cords for backing up your abseils (cheapest,most useful)

Comment

While this is all well and good, where in gods name am i going to abseil at ground zero woodland and urban lol.

I would do it from the roofs of the buildings at urban but i dont think they will let me.

I think for SWAT/military tactical abseils they use less equipment like one rope, one carabiner and belay and then their petzl stop or similer device

Comment

i believe they use a figure of eight and then have a firemans belay to catch a fall etc.

Comment

Yeah sounds about right from what ive seen.

To be honest id love the same equipment the royal marines use to abseil, their harness etc
          Last edited by MiniSnipa; 25 April, 2009, 19:48.

Comment

edit timed out again

i mean id love to wear exactly what the guys wear but to be honest

A riggers belt
            Carabiner and belay
            Grapple rope and normal rope
            and my other weapon carrying equipment

cant get more military abseil than that unless your dead serious and actualy will be abseiling at your local skirmish site, i mean hell you could abseil with the equipment above if you wanted to, just need a tree or post to tie the rope on, or use the grapple safely

Comment

i doubt you would ever be able to rap at a skirmish site just because of the health and safety.

if you got shot while rapping, and didn't have any protection you would most likely plummet to the ground. health and safety nightmare

Comment

Yeah exactly hence why i wont be buying all these petzl stoppers etc, just a few basic bits to have the look

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MiniSnipa Adam Purcell, 17, Student, Brockenhurst College Studying Uniformed public services Find out more about MiniSnipa
                Working...
                X