Acog or Aimpoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acog or Aimpoint

right so i just finished watching tears of the sun and tought it was very good, It got me thinkin about my m4, coz the guns in the film look ace should i stick with an acog or move to an aimpoint

what would you do?

Re: Acog or Aimpoint

If you play woodland mostly, use an ACOG for the magnification. If you play CQB mostly, use an aimpoint for the quick target acquisition.
    Originally posted by fijitstiks
    they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
    Originally posted by N3ADS
    Is this you talking from experience ?..
    i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

aimpoints were designed for shooting out to 100m. if you get a real one they are epic

Comment

i play woodland mainly its a 1x acog anyway

Comment

If you like the look of aimpoints, get one. Clone ones are dirt cheap.
          they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
          Originally posted by N3ADS
          Is this you talking from experience ?..
          i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

I prefer the look of ACOGs to be honest. Mind you I have been swayed to liking the Aimpoints with Spetznazdave's TOTs loadout thread.

Which do you prefer? As the ACOG is only a 1x as is the Aimpoint there will be no difference in function, just looks, so its all down to that.

And I suppose do you really want to spend more money on something that wont enhance your game play if you look at it that way.

Comment

So you're just asking which sight you should prefer? Isn't that your decision?
              Or are you trying to ask something else?

Comment

i got an Acog off ebay for £45, its 30mm at the objective lense, but unfortunately only 20 at the ocular lense, which means that looking through it is very restrictive, espcially for no magnification! try and find out what the size of the ocular diameter of the scope is before you buy. Most are advertised on the size of the objective lense, which is only really a good inclination of its size, and the amount of light that gets through.

I stuck a 4 x 40 scope on my AK, Ill walk the shots onto target for mid range, and use the scope for picking off people who only stick an arm or leg out!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                  I stuck a 4 x 40 scope on my AK, Ill walk the shots onto target for mid range, and use the scope for picking off people who only stick an arm or leg out!

You put a 4x40 Scope on a AK?!?!?! makes me want to cry. (sorry about the off topic-ness)

Comment

aimpoint for cqb then get a aimpoint magnifier for woodland :D
                    Originally posted by FireKnife
                    Firing a MAC-11 is like a guy with premature ejaculation having sex with a stunning and filthy woman.

So much win but over way to quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post

You put a 4x40 Scope on a AK?!?!?! makes me want to cry. (sorry about the off topic-ness)
                      why would it make you cry? its just for spotting and perhaps maybe having a better inclination of how far shots are reaching, rather than sniping!

Comment

If you look on ebay, walther seem to do a pretty good one. Its advertised as walther anyway...

Comment

Why not get an Acog with the doctor site and get the best of both worlds
                          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

+1 To the ACOG and Doctor sight.

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                            why would it make you cry? its just for spotting and perhaps maybe having a better inclination of how far shots are reaching, rather than sniping!
                            AKs shouldnt have a scope on them unless its a Corba RDS. It just looks wrong. Sacrilege almost.

Comment

Haha. Its not a massive scope or anything. It looks quite meaty with it on in my opinion! its a bulky weapon, and the acog i attached to it left it looking a bit odd on top, whereas the scope keeps it looking hench!

p.s you any good with pistol help? Im in desperate need =S

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gunslinger Find out more about Gunslinger
                              Working...
                              X