queries about sniper loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• queries about sniper loadout

What would i wear in a sniper loadout. Do i wear my vest as well as a ghillie?

And what would you advise as a back up? i was thinking mac 11 or something
    TM M4A1 (With RIS Grip, Kings arm laser, G&P flashlight and ACOG 4x36 scope), JG VSR 10, KWC glock 17. Full british DDPM loadout.

Re: queries about sniper loadout

not sure about the vest, but as a backup i would use either a mac 11 or an mp5k.

Comment

hi simon,
      I have a homemade ghillie suit, and so would not wear a vest with it as it is a modded dpm nbc jacket cover with leg extensions. My suggestion would be, if you have the time, ghillie the vest. if you dont want to do this, then you may want to ask yourself why you need the vest as a sniper? i have my camelpack on my back under the ghillie and have a pistol with extra mag on a thy holster, so have no need for a vest as my radio is sling-mounted.

as for what to use as backup, i would consider where you are going to use it and what the rules are. i use a 500 fps sniper at ground zero where you have to be 30m away and so i take a g36c with my on a tight back sling aswell and just swap between sniper and g36c as there are a lot of blind corners and close quarters fighting as well as range stuff, so my pistol is not always sufficient as a close quarters weapon. pistols are by far the most popular sidearms for snipers however, and i have fared well enough with just a sniper and pistol before, so its up to you.
      reality sucks, i'm gonna keep on dreaming

7"dragons,G36c,mp7,l96

f1r3

Comment

no vests since ull be on your belly and that wont be comftable

use your cloth pockets for small mp5k mags and sniper mags you wont need loads

Comment

here is an old pic of my sniper loadout (without radio...etc) with pistol drawn to give you an idea of what i mean:

7"dragons,G36c,mp7,l96

f1r3

Comment

....that's a freaking big pistol

Comment

lol they are pretty big yeah, i have twin 7" dragons, certainly intimidates =P
              The half slide idea is clever too, i don't know why thy dont put it on more gas pistols...:D

7"dragons,G36c,mp7,l96

f1r3

Comment

The with vests in sniping rolls is that i feel they restrict the movement you want' ie pouhes being under your chest, when they're full and you are in the prone position its like lying on bricks not to mention catching on the ground, and i found that i was always checking pouches to see if they had come open, a pain in the arse when your in the ideal position and then give yourself away, The first time i used a vest i cut chest pouch off each side that helped a little but then you have the ''belly'' pouches which when in the prone position make your asre stick up in the air, i was'nt going to chop those off as well or i wouldnt have had a vest left. For the load-out for my ghillie i have a camel back water res on my back under the ghillie and a P.L.C.E belt under the ghillie with a double sa80 mag pouch on one side of the hip and a water bottle sized pouch on the other both Ghillied up of course, this method has never failed me but i have never used it in a skirmish, only on the training grounds and ranges, As for a side arm i just use a bretta GBB pistol strapped to my leg with holster ghillied up. One thing about the L96 is it has a larst ''BUTT'' surface area so what i have done is hand made a pouch to fit a 96 mag and attached it to the butt, saves messing about opening pochets...Hope this helps...Mark
                Warrior L96
                TM FULL STOCK M4 s-system
                A&K M249 para
                WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Trade feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7927

Comment

If you do want to wear you vest and a ghillie i would make a ghillie out of a shirt 2 or 3 sizes bigger than your size cut the sleevs off just above the elbow and about 6inch below the shoulder blades so it looks like a short waiste-coat ghillie this up as well as a bush hat and this is a really effective type of ghillie that only covers your head and shoulders and does not restrict movement...i'll try and sort some pics out so you can see what i mean...Mark
                  Warrior L96
                  TM FULL STOCK M4 s-system
                  A&K M249 para
                  WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Trade feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7927

Comment

I was Asking myself this same question. I came up with a good idea. Get a webtex concealment vest, this leaves the chest area open. Get a Viper Modular vest and then attatch a medium pouch to the front. This will keep your amo, speed loaders, tape, magazines whatever. Then get a drop leg holster with pistol of your choice.

Im basing my ideas on a call of duty 4 SAS sniper, it looks good and works well.

Comment

Or invest in a sniper belt has all the pouches you need..but around your waist and out of the way of your belly area

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

simonmtchll I like airsoft. Find out more about simonmtchll
                      Working...
                      X