• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye protection for glasses wearer

What are my options??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Eye protection for glasses wearer

ESS make prescription insert frames for some of their range.

Comment

Here is a post I made about it somewhere else, which might be a smidge mroe helpful than the above.

Here's how I went about getting my fancy-smancy glasses with prescription lenses in.

Head over to EPS Goggles.

Purchase just about anything made by ESS, I can highly reccomend the ICE glasses, or if you're feeling fancy get the goggles with fans and stuff.
      These are all military grade protection, I confirmed on the phone that they're perfectly fine grade for airsoft. Cool story Bros.

Next: One of these. There are different kinds of these but this kind are the biggest and have the thinnest frames, so best.

Next: Purchase these over the phone. When you're on the phone with the nice lady, ask about the Specsavers Voucher. This will cost another £30 or so, and entitles you to a free eyetest at any Specsavers, including having the new lenses ground and fitted into the insert for you.

Next: Wait for everything to arrive in the post, and head on down to Specsavers! If you already have your prescription details, take them with you. If not, well, free eyetest. They'll get back to you a few days after, and voila.

Total cost £80, but totally justifiable. Being able to see while playing without having your head wrapped in chemistry lab goggles is a luxury I am willing to pay for.
      - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
      - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

And to add to the above post. If you are forces or ex forces mention this give your Id number and you get a discount.

I know, because I did. Considering I came out in the mid 80's that was an awesome piece of info. I think the reason is her husband was a rupert in the forces so he gives a small % discount to serving and ex forces.
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERPROOPERATOR View Post
          Here is a post I made about it somewhere else, which might be a smidge mroe helpful than the above.
          Where's the extended middle finger smiley when you need it? :D

Originally posted by SUPERPROOPERATOR View Post
          Purchase just about anything made by ESS, I can highly reccomend the ICE glasses, or if you're feeling fancy get the goggles with fans and stuff.
          These are all military grade protection, I confirmed on the phone that they're perfectly fine grade for airsoft. Cool story Bros.
          I use ICE 2.4 with prescription inserts.
          The reason I was so vague was that I didn't know if he needs full-face or not.

And I didn't want to post competitor links here...

WRT suitability:
          In the info that comes with the ICE 2.4s it specifically states they're NOT suitable for airsoft.
          Using them for such is then a personal risk.

Comment

ESS ICE 2.4 with RX prescription inserts as linked above (my local specsavers did them for me for like £30 or so) can't fault them one bit. On the not suitable for airsoft comment, if they are/were issued to the military as ballistic protection then they are fine for me. Think its just the arms that are not rated. Got all my stuff from EPS, can't fault them.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Originally posted by ThePope View Post
              ESS ICE 2.4 with prescription inserts (my local specsavers did them for me for like £30 or so) can't fault them one bit. On the not suitable for airsoft comment, if they are/were issued to the military as ballistic protection then they are fine for me. Think its just the arms that are not rated. Got all my stuff from EPS, can't fault them.
              As I said, I use them (with inserts).
              I think the lack of suitability is to do with the possibility of a BB getting in under, or around the sides. However, the prescription insert reduces some of those gaps, actually making them safer.

Comment

Yeah wasn't having a dig sorry, just didn't want anyone being put off by using them.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

I personally have a pair of Oakley Jawbones which is in no way the cheapest option by far but I find them just as good as ESS and you don't have to use inserts. Also there are no open sides, very wraparound so no chance of a bb coming in the side. I also payed out for these as they make great sunglasses

George

Comment

I spoke to the very nice lady at said retail site and it is exactly that, bb's creeping under the lens. But, ESS are now maing accessories specifically for aiirsoft and the same site sells them with airsoft endorsements.
                    Feedback link

Comment

Yeah, they aren't cheap and then you have to consider cost of prescription lenses for them.
                      Feedback link

Comment

What about buying disposable Contacts? Thats what i'm doing.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

355859 Find out more about 355859
                        Working...
                        X