Warrior 901 Chest Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior 901 Chest Rig

I'm looking at acquiring another chest rig in the foreseeable future and having had great experience with W.A.S. in the past am looking at again purchasing on of their's.

However, although the RICAS Compact I currently own in superb I'm now inclined towards a lower profile/increased ease of movement one (that and the RICAS is a ***** to don) yet retaining the more traditional plate carrier look. As such I've become rather interested in the 901 with Centurion back panel.

Now I'm well aware of the quality of W.A.S. gear so that's not what this is about, what I am instead curious about is the fit of said 901 rig. I am about 6'5" with a slender build (sounds like lonely hearts now...). My RICAS Compact fits pretty well, a little high despite adjustment (also on 'tightest' fitting) but acceptable, but I'm unsure about the 901 - will it look like a boob tube? Will I have to wear my trousers like Simon Cowell in order for it not to? I've done research, lots of reviews etc., but none discuss this (they did however rule out the Centurion rig, stating it's rather big fitting, and not really suitable for skinny folk).

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it. If all else fails I'll just invest in a second RICAS...

Re: Warrior 901 Chest Rig

Im 6,2 mate and my 901 fits perfect, and there is a fair amount of adjustment to be had from it too, I cant really fault my 901 at all (plus the new ones are compatable with the centurian backplate).
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Sweet. Cheers for that info, seems like it'll fit as well as the RICAS which is gravy by me. How does it fit on the chest? Will it be cool on a a skinny fella like me?

If the last point works out I'm pretty sure I'll be picking on of these (and back plate) up asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackjack13 View Post
        Sweet. Cheers for that info, seems like it'll fit as well as the RICAS which is gravy by me. How does it fit on the chest? Will it be cool on a a skinny fella like me?

If the last point works out I'm pretty sure I'll be picking on of these (and back plate) up asap.
        Im not the bulkiest guy, but its attached with shoulder straps as per all others, which are adjustable up and down, so you can have the rig high or low, the straps come half way down your back and come under your arms to 2 more adjustable straps smaller or bigger, there is a strap goes across your lower shoulder blades which is adjustable in and out and then there is a waist band as well which is adjustable in and out too. My mate has worn mine and hes 5'4" and built like a skinned pencil and we managed to adjust it down to his size, just had a lot of excess strap.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Blackjack13 No Gods. No masters. Find out more about Blackjack13
        Working...
        X