Adding a Camelbak to an Osprey vest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a Camelbak to an Osprey vest

I have a Desert Osprey Tactical vest and I have just purchased a camelbak to add to it but I am having a bit of difficulty attaching it.

Could someone explain how to attach this please. I currently have it using the big loops which go down either side at the back but this looks wrong as there is nothing to hold it in at the bottom?

Pics may help if anyone has any?

jfox61 no good with this because it's too modern and he doesnt do modern :D
    (he will say something like "during the war.....")
    Everyone is allowed a stupid day but you are abusing the privilege

Re: Adding a Camelbak to an Osprey vest

Not a little mesh pouch inside rear?

**edit**

never mind, you are on about an actual camelbak not a bladder ignore me :D

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

could you provide pictures of the camelback and osprey vest as i have a camelback and British Army Combat Body Armour, i will be able to help once i know specificly what item you are on about

Comment

mine has fastex clips for it
        trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Pft! Modern. Never had this problem with a 58 bottle and pouch. Suddenly these new poncy soldiers need to take a bowser on their back. "during the war"...
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuEv_ruViuo

hope this helps, and sorry its paintball
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Parky
            Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

No semper that isn't it. I know how to install molle straps, it is actually the camelback to the osprey that I seem to have the issue.

I will upload pics, and then you can see the problem. I am sure I am installing it wrong. It shouldn't fit like this. I am sure the bladder should be flush against my back. Pics below.

In this pic you can see how it sits. It bows out and doesn't feel tight.

This picture the two male toggles on the camelbak are fastened to the two females on the osprey.

This picture the two male toggles on the camelbak are fastened to the two females on the osprey, but this time at the bottom. it almost feels like the camelbak is too big but have been assured it is standard.

Feedback link

Comment

This is a serious question, have you tried filling it with water ?

Comment

Steve's hit the nail on the head, once it fills with water it should be fine.

Comment

Well we had considered that but there still seems to be a lot of play on the sides of the camelbak. They aren't secured and it looks like the whole system will move about a lot.

I just filled it and tried it. Although it has improved the sit of it, it doesnt fix it completely. I still think we aren't mounting it to the Osprey correctly.
                    Feedback link

Comment

isnt there a pouch inside? if so just remove it from the cover (if it has a removable bladder) and put it in the pouch?

Comment

It was always a bit loose on my old one, I dont think they get that rigid. It might be a combination of the missus' dimensions as well.

Comment

how about putting camel back under vest?

i had same prob with my desert cqc vest and it had the clips it bowed in the middle

either that or try attatching using the loops down the sides of camel to the molle of the vest tying them prehaps?

Comment

Originally posted by CombatEngineered View Post
                            isnt there a pouch inside? if so just remove it from the cover (if it has a removable bladder) and put it in the pouch?
                            ????? put what in the pouch. I don't want to put anything anywhere I just want it to fit properly.

Sorry guys, I don't want alternative ways of doing it. I just wanted pointing in the direction of the way it fits as per regulation wear. I have seen photos of it sitting perfectly straight on a Soldiers back without any of these fancy and weird suggestions I am getting. There is obviously a right and wrong way. I just want the right way. Unfortunately the pics i can get don't show close ups of it in use.

The way I see it is, the Camelbak by osprey is made to fit the osprey rig. If it is made to fit the rig then there is a way to do it as recommended by the manufacturers.
                            Feedback link

Comment

Hang on Jfox, have you tried it on over osprey ARMOUR? Are you just expecting it to clip on the vest and hang straight? As it's designed to fit over the back of the Osprey ARMOUR not just the vest.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mrsjfox61 Wannabe Lara Croft Find out more about mrsjfox61
                              Working...
                              X