Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose my next gun :)

Hey guys,
    I'm looking to get a new gun soon, i have a few that i like.
    Can anyone give me some insight into which of these guns is the 'best'
    I'm looking for acuracy more than anything.
    AGM M14
    JG Bar10
    Well/Warrior L96

Thanks,
    Alex
    - ICS MP5 SD2

Re: Help me choose my next gun

That was quick :P

Avoid the Warrior L96 like the plague, it WILL fall apart on you- Mop has his held together with selotape.
    In regards to airsoft, there is rarely a 'best gun', there are steaming piles of crap, and most other stuff with a few exceptional guns. But the two youve picked out- the BAR-10 and the M14, are two completely different guns, as the Bar-10 is a single shot sniper rifle, whereas the M14 is an AEG, and as such is capable of things the BAR-10 isnt, but has greater restrictions.

If you want a sniper rifle, get the Bar-10, mod the airbrake and you have a fantastic little starting sniper, which has decent range and accuracy and is good for getting the grips of sniping. The M14, whilst you could still snipe, will have the same maximum accuracy and range of any other AEG, so you have to decide what you want from your rifle first
    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

bar 10 will probably be your best bet, replace the dodjy sears, put in a tight bore and dopt he ptfe/ teflon mod
      PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

From what Ive seen, the AGM M14 and the Warrior L96 are quite dodgy. The L96 MK1 is definitely one you want to avoid-if you wanted to buy an L96 go for the MK2 version. Tbh from holding a warrior L96 I found it to be quite bulky and annoying to carry but each to his own.

As for the AGM M14-it uses a version 7 gearbox if Im not mistaken and is an absolute git of a thing to fix-will probably be costly too. I heard several parts internal wise are made of that cheap rubish plastic and reallY i would just avoid it if I were you.

The BAR10 from all Ive seen is menat to be a cracker of a rifle and if I go for sniping this summer it will definitely be an option.

Hope that helps dude
        Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

Thanks guys, helps alot
          Looks like i'll be going for a BAR 10 now then.
          - ICS MP5 SD2

Comment

If you do go for an M14, the expensive TM appears to be the best out there but is very expensive. It is, however, very accurate and out ranges most guns. If you are on a tighter budget, I've heard the CYMA M14 is much better than the AGM.

Comment

I'd have to agree with Fingers, I had a ridiculous amount of problems with my AGM M14, Casting problems, Hop problems, selector plate problems etc. My experience with Sniper Rifles has been pretty negative in the respect that I've realised its worth just getting a long ranged AEG as the range, unless you do some SERIOUS modding. Isn't at all that different.

Well thats my ten cents.
              Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
              It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Alex10 Find out more about Alex10
              Working...
              X