Balkan Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balkan Loadout

So I'm thinking of compiling a non-specific Balkan-esque (circa late 1990s) loadout.

Head: Black woolly hat/black balaclava
    Top: OD shirt/Thick OD coat (if it's cold)
    Bottom: Russian woodland camo trousers (old)
    Feet: Black boots (the more beat-up, the better)
    Accessories: Simple OD Belt with pouches for extra mags etc, black gloves, kickass wildman beard
    Primary weapon: AKMS (Folding stock AK rifle)

Is there anything stark staringly obvious I might have missed out/overlooked/gotten wrong?
    Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Re: Balkan Loadout

cigar

Comment

So basically a Eastern European Militia look.

Comment

Behind Enemy Lines is your friend for this one mate, lots of no specific types there. But what youve got seems pretty good so far. Are you thinking civilian militia or armed forces? I know I saw alot of locals in old american woodland trousers when i was serving out there.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of civilian militia as opposed to armed forces. Thanks for the heads-up, those tips will be helpful.

Comment

Black Vest

I know its not a chicom chest rig but why not?

Comment

Aghh you stole my thunder! Was going to post a pic of the sniper as well, Cannot find pics of the bit im thinking of. There will be loads of good examples if you get the part when his in the town of Brach (wrong spelling i know, but its how its pronounced) Theres army guys and local militia, have to watch it again tonight now after this. Ive always fancied going for the sniper look myself.

Comment

I'm putting together something similar myself at the moment- a sort of Ex-Yugoslav/Serbian militia look. I originally intended to do it get some use from all the old kit I don't use like my 58 Pattern webbing but have typically ended up buying new stuff. Mostly old Yugoslav kit as I like the look but thankfully it tends to be quite cheap.

So far I've got:
                Black wool hat or green Soviet cap. May end up buying a Yugo cap M93 cap
                Czech M85 parka
                Serbian ALICE copy webbing (need some pouches but I'm not sure if they actually made any!)
                Brit Hi leg boots (old & beaten up)
                Yugolsav leather belt (as trouser/pistol belt)
                Black woolen gloves
                AKM
                Colt 1911 in leather holster.

Still waiting on my M93 camo trousers to arrive and deciding what shirt to wear. Might go OD, might go civy like an old footy shirt.

From what I've seen camo wise you're best options are; plain OD, old Yugo M93, the previously mentioned US woodland (lots of copies in Europe), tigerstripe (including blue tiger used by Serb police etc.) or sometimes flectarn or swiss alpenflage. Generally I think anything goes as long as its not too modern but certain camos were prodominantly worn by certain groups- I can't remember who though. I'd say OD, woodland and M93 are safe bets for all parties though.

I'm actually writing a Balkans based milsim game too. My new kit has insipred me and I think its an easy one for people to sort out kit for as the stuff used was so varied.

Comment

Finally, my Balkan Loadout - cheap style!

Black Logger Hat
                  OD Mesh Mask
                  Fleece and digital pattern head and neck warmer
                  Green Shirt
                  Black fingerless gloves
                  Woodland camouflage pattern trousers and OD belt
                  Sand Boots
                  AKMS Rifle
                  in addition - Black leather bomber jacket

Comment

Better quality picture:

Comment

A decent effort. Nice one. I think I would have stuck with black boots and a woolly hat though. The hat I think might look a bit american and I've not seen tan boots used in any photos I've seen. I'm not sure a digital scarf fits with the look either.

Comment

Adidas tracksuits are a must

Comment

Originally posted by Lardassmonkey View Post
                          A decent effort. Nice one. I think I would have stuck with black boots and a woolly hat though. The hat I think might look a bit american and I've not seen tan boots used in any photos I've seen. I'm not sure a digital scarf fits with the look either.
                          Yeah, it was thrown together with the minimal spend really. I don't have black boots at the moment. I still think the furry hat works. It's certainly warmer than a simple woolly hat.

As for the digital head/neck warmer, well, that was a Primarni bargain, and I couldn't resist it.

Still, it can be tweaked very easily.

Comment

Thread resurrection to show you how I've progressed.

Fluffy hat
                            Black leatherette jacket
                            Green military shirt
                            Green cargo belt
                            Camouflage pattern trousers
                            Magnum boots
                            Czech assault vest
                            Fingerless gloves
                            AKMS and side-arm

Comment

Not bad at all. Could certainly pass for a Bosnian/Croatian militia. I'm still not a fan of the hat though :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Machaon I've been skirmishing since summer 2010. Find out more about Machaon
                              Working...
                              X