Vest or Plate Carrier??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vest or Plate Carrier??

So, i'm looking around to getting another form of vest. I'm considering getting one of the Warrior Assault Systems one, but I'm undecided as to weather I should go for a plate carrier or vest. Both look good and have their advantages, the plate carrier's for one appear to offer more magazine carrying capacity.

Can anyone offer some advice/suggestions on which is better? Or is it just down to personal pref?

Cheers

Re: Vest or Plate Carrier??

u can buy ma webbing! its genuine! and complete?
    im looking for a warrior vest but i think i may hav found one.............
    but 5.11 do a gd lightweight VTAC vest with molle loops

Comment

Just taken delivery of an OD Warrior RICAS M4 Compact to replace my Brit Army DPM Assault Vest. It's an awesome piece of kit, much better than the vest, much comfier and looks the b******ks. I'd definately recommend it over a vest anyday. Not cheap though at £100
      WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

All depends on what your trying to carry on the vest?? I personally carry ammuntion, IFAK and water, anything should really be carried in a pack (something else to buy :P). At the moment im running an armoured Warrior 901 chest rig, and its very nice. But it only carries that much. If you want to carry more consider the Warrior TMV? vest, heard only good things about it

Comment

Well the TMV vests feel comfy and they seem well stiched but only wore one a couple of times, and they can hold 6 double mag pouches on the front so capable of holding 12 mags then theres the side zips on the chest to stash more if you want, but like you said it's all mainly down to personal preference. In my opinion the plate carriers seem to bulky from pictures and the TMV's seem perfect.
          Alpha Elite Gaming, Jersey C.I

Comment

I got a Tan Warrior RICAS Today and all i can say is WOW.
            This PC is better than any assault vest or chest rig i have ever tried and like Cyberi4n said it does look the ********.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
              I got a Tan Warrior RICAS Today and all i can say is WOW.
              This PC is better than any assault vest or chest rig i have ever tried and like Cyberi4n said it does look the ********.

Yeah I ended up going for a Warrior RICAS too, Olive Drab coloring though so it should look ok with my British DPM look. lol Has plenty of mag pouches on it though, which is good.

I'm hoping it will arrive tomorrow But we shall see. In either case, it should be a decent contribution to my Webtex Combat Assault vest I currently have.

Comment

what i think is so good about them is there MOD ability.
                you can change what you are going to carry for certain games.
                say your doing milsim you may need to carry quite a bit but if you were playing just a quick skirmish where you would want to be "light weight" you can take of unnecesery pouches.
                the thing with webbing is and assult vests is that you cant take of those un-neccisery
                pouches so they get in the way.
                plus you are all right they look f**k**g awsome!

Comment

i agree with you now, lol, when you were talking about it to me i thought the looked abit weird but they actually look really comfy and tight-fit. but i'll wait till you get yours, plus i probably won't use it as much cause of my VSR 10

Comment

yer
                    cheers m8
                    you should design your own sniping pouches so that u can put them where you want and so you are travelling light.

i no some one who was in the army and he liked the old "68"pattern smocks because they had pockets on the shoulder that were big enough to fit an SA80 mag and when you are reloading its easier to get a fresh mag out of. you could strap a pistol mag pouch (im presuming the will fit your VSR mags) some bungee to your right/left arm under your gilly.
                    i take it that you will try and take most of your shot in the prone position so you might find reloading stuff from your belt difficult.
                    but the RICAS system looks great (and even the 5.11 VTAC tactical molle vest) and really practical for my use. the only problem is finding them!
                    the VTAC is fairly knew and i dont think they even exist over here!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sisko Find out more about Sisko
                    Working...
                    X