Flyye vs Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyye vs Warrior

I'm considering getting a new plate carrier/assault vest and I've boiled it down to 2 options...

Option A) Flyye Force Recon Vest - Around the £150 mark
    Option B) Warrior CIRAS Compact M4 - Around the £120 mark

I'm drawn between the 2... On one hand, the Warrior is cheaper, albeit with less pouches and no dummy plates. I know it's good quality kit, but it's also out of stock at the one place I know of that sells it in the UK.

The Flyye is of reasonable quality, given that I have a couple of little bits from them, but maybe not as good as Warrior. It does come with a ton of pouches and dummy plates, and it's a little more.

My question is really, will the Flyye be of noticeably lesser quality to the Warrior?

Are there any other complete vests of a similar style available?

On top of this, I'd kind of like to have one by the 16th of next month for Mil-Sim season... Looks like I might struggle to get a Warrior one anyway?

Re: Flyye vs Warrior

really what you should do is ask yourself if the quality from flyye satisfies you and fills your needs. if it does, it doesn't really matter if the warrior is better quality because you would still be satisfied...

Comment

Well, what I was asking, since I only have minor ancillaries from lyye, is "do they have the build quality for a vest platform"?

The small bits and pieces seem OK, but are they good enough to form the foundation of you vest platform? The price would suggest they might...

Comment

Warrior comes with a 5 year warranty. So when it gets a little battle worn Ask for a new one

Comment

Isn't that just against manufacturing/material defects?

Comment

Warrior all the way. All my gear is warrior and its the muts nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
              Are there any other complete vests of a similar style available?
              There are; have you seen the Defcon 5 Body Armour Carrier? It's about £130ish, fantastic quality, very comfy and comes with all the pockets you see on it but with plenty of room to fit more. Not sure on the colours available compared to the colour/pattern you want and it doesn't come with any dummy plates but definitely worth a look though, especially as it seems to be in your price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattplus View Post
                There are; have you seen the Defcon 5 Body Armour Carrier? It's about £130ish, fantastic quality, very comfy and comes with all the pockets you see on it but with plenty of room to fit more. Not sure on the colours available compared to the colour/pattern you want and it doesn't come with any dummy plates but definitely worth a look though, especially as it seems to be in your price range.
                Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out... Do you have any experience with them?

Comment

Yes, I was lucky enough to pick up a DPM one from a gent on here. As mentioned, they're incredibly comfy. I've only got the 'stock' pockets attached as there is more than enough room for everything I carry. It's fully adjustable which is more than I can say for other "fully adjustable" vests and such that I've had experience with. It fits very nicely if you want to wear a burgen with a yoke attached as well. Obviously because it's MOLLE everything's customisable. Anything you want to know about it just let me know and I'll try to give you as an accurate answer as I can.

Comment

My kit is warrior, but thats only cause i couldnt find the setup i wanted with chinasoft stuff and to make it up from a mixture of china sites would work out more expensive.

Also in terms of quality, Warrior stuff is designed for actual combat situtations so when is the normal airsofter going to be able to put it through the same kind of abuse as a solider etc.

However im not sure about the history and purpose of Flyye
                    sigpic

Comment

both companies make realy high quality equipment

Comment

Ben, yes to the warranty question.

I've owned both Warrior Products and Flyye Products (and by products I mean pouches and plate carriers). I'd have to swing towards the flyye for overall build quality to be honest. I've never gotten in so much pain from threading molle pouches (as the molle loops were really quite stiff, denoting its quality).

Also, doesn't this belong here:- http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I agree with Gaffa I own the Flyye FAPC and the quality is second to none
                          Ridding the world of two tones one by one

Comment

When I was researching getting my first molle setup (about a year ago ,I was late on the molle waggon) ,I ended up with flyye gear .Apparantly some of the early gear suffered in quality but all the recent stuff is easily on a par. Owning both WAS & flyye I can't tell the difference. I've even read some RS peoples use it.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, exactly what I was after.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

B.E.N. Intensive airsofter and forum heckler. I like dismantling stuff. Find out more about B.E.N.
                              Working...
                              X