This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm socom mk23 molle holster

Hi guys and girls, I'm looking for a hard plastic holster for the tm socom mk23 pistol. I want it to fit to my molle vest and what I will do is detach the silencer and the lam unit when holstered. Could someone let me no the name of the brand that sells this and what it is called also the name of any adapter I need to attach it to my vest.

Thanks Tom

Re: Tm socom mk23 molle holster

No such item exists, I spent an age looking for one. Best option is an MP5K dropleg holster. Fits a treat even with the LAM unit on it!
    Team Chimera Captain.
    Assaulter/Scout Sniper/General sneaky B***ard!

Armoury:
    TM M14, ICS M4 RIS, KA M4SD, ICS MP5 SD6 (for sale), TM MP5 SWAT, Tanaka M700 (for sale), TM VSR-10, TM Sig P226, TM 1911A1, TM Mk.23 SOCOM.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^
      Not true, the Warrior Molle holster will take a MK23 without the silencer or LAM fitted.
      There is also a Safariland Holster for the MK23 but they are as rare as hell and cost in excess or $150 stateside.

Comment

Yeah, the safariland is a drop leg. It's really nice and smooth draw and clearly the premium brand item that it indeed is. It's a 3000 series Safariland, they're now on 6000 series I believe, so it seems a bit basic by todays standards- only 1 leg strap and no leg shroud.

Problem is, the mk23 had a limited service life, and only to special forces at that. Designed to fulfil all the USSOCOM specification criteria, particularly in durability and mag capacity, the end result HK came up with was a monster. The SEALs used them together with a Sig226, one being an offensive pistol, the sig being for defence, being more maneuverable- which says it all about the Mk23. Not long later and I think the USP tactical .45 was chosen. Classic bit of design by committee- the USSOCOM frankly wasted HK's time with it's fanciful requests. Consequently the Mk23 was shelved before Molle gear systems came in.

My suggestion would be to get busy and make your own. Get a holster that it fits, strip off the unwanted fittings, then cut the back off a mag pouch, and sew it to the rear of the holster. He presto!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tom036 Find out more about tom036
        Working...
        X