AEG Suppressors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG Suppressors...

Hey guys, I've got a big question that I guess is quite common - but I'd like to relate this more specifically to the MP5 series...
    Do suppressors/silencers actually work to deaden the sound? There are a few from Guarder on this site, including quick attachments and regular screw threads...
    Just wondering if they do the job? I know the P90 suppressor works, as does the Mark 23 SOCOM one.

Re: AEG Suppressors...

They work when you fill em with expanding foam etc there are a few guides around

so yes if you modify them or say they come with the foam or sound suppressing materiel inside

Comment

Originally posted by MiniSnipa View Post
      They work when you fill em with expanding foam etc there are a few guides around

so yes if you modify them or say they come with the foam or sound suppressing materiel inside
      Cheers for that, I'm assuming the few on Z1 come with some form of material inside as they cost 50 odd quid...
      I'll do a bit more research, but I'm probably gonna get one soonish

Comment

Due to the way an AEG is built, no they wont silence them completely. Thats because you have several sounds from an a firing AEG- muzzle retort, motor, gearbox. By sticking a silencer on the end you loose, or reduce muzzle retort, BUT, you still have the sound of your motor wiring away. The way you can reduce this is by insluating the gearbox. While many guns cannot insulate the gearbox further, some, noteably the Steyr AUG can.
        The reason those sneaky Mk.23s are so damn quiet is because the muzzle retort is the only sound they make. They're not blowback so you dont have the sound of the slide shooting back, nor do you have sound of electric internals
        G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
        RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by aeviv View Post
          Due to the way an AEG is built, no they wont silence them completely. Thats because you have several sounds from an a firing AEG- muzzle retort, motor, gearbox. By sticking a silencer on the end you loose, or reduce muzzle retort, BUT, you still have the sound of your motor wiring away. The way you can reduce this is by insluating the gearbox. While many guns cannot insulate the gearbox further, some, noteably the Steyr AUG can.
          The reason those sneaky Mk.23s are so damn quiet is because the muzzle retort is the only sound they make. They're not blowback so you dont have the sound of the slide shooting back, nor do you have sound of electric internals
          Good point about the Mk.23's - I'd completely forgotten my mate's one isn't blowback (oh how I laughed - me and him are quite obsessed with having blowback guns!)

My mp5k tends to make quite a pop-crack type noise from the muzzle, I think it would definitely benefit from a suppressor, just not sure how much.
          The gearbox/motor sounds a lot quieter than others I've used (namely my friend's cheap Chinese clones), but I guess it'd be more obvious if a suppressor got rid of the muzzle noise...

If I don't go the suppressor route, I'll be getting the metal flash hider - I'd love to go full metal, but AFAIK the MP5K can't have the metal receiver upgrade... any truth to this?

Comment

There was a test in an AI magazine not that long ago to see what suppressor had the most effect, they tried quite a few and the Madbull 'Gemtech Halo' came out on top.
            It would probably be worth looking into that one as it deacreased the sound by nearly 60% IIRC.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

acra Find out more about acra
            Working...
            X