Securing your leg holster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securing your leg holster

So I got my new Flyye Holster, it;'s the single strap and the oval shaped molle platform and its great and everything but I had a bit of difficulty securing it on Saturday, this may be due to the way I had it attached to the belt.

Basically I'm running a Viper security belt with a Viper shoulder holster attached to it, this just clips on the belt, then the leg holster clips on my right hand side. All of this is floating though, I don't use the belt loops on my trousers mainly because of the amount of stuff on the belt and having to get it through with those huge viper clips is a pita. I wonder whether this is the problem, the leg holster slide round to the front of my leg quite a bit and it seems that the weight of the holster pulls it and then the belt clip is free to slide around.

So do I NEED to use the trouser belt loops or is there some form of clip that I can place on the belt either side of the holster clip to stop it moving around.

I've already got the leg strap pretty tight before anyone offers up that solution :D

Re: Securing your leg holster

I would use the belt loops, as thats kind of what theyre designed for im afraid! Youre not gonna get things to sit properly and securely in place if that holster is free to move around on the belt.

If you find that it takes forever to put the whole belt on, just use the two belt loops either side of the holster.

Comment

wear an ordinary belt on your trousers to attach the dropleg to then your viper belt as normal. You might find it still does it anyway even when more secured

Comment

Originally posted by heroshark View Post
        wear an ordinary belt on your trousers to attach the dropleg to then your viper belt as normal. You might find it still does it anyway even when more secured
        Though this does lead me attaching the drop leg to both belts, leave it on the viper but slide the trouser belt through behind it when putting it on.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
        X