X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmmh nice raw face!

Comment

Re: Favourite full face setup

Having taken no less than 7 rounds to the face last night whilst wearing only a pair of safety glasses, I'm reverting back to a full face mask before I get any uglier! They may not quite look as "pro" as just a pair of shooting glasses, but in a toss-up between that and my teeth, I know which I value more!
      Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

has anyone tried the full face mesh masks? the ones that look like fencing masks

i'm contemplating getting one
        h e y d r i c h
        L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

I have one of the full face mesh masks, and love them!

Looks awesome with hood up and doesn't interfere with aiming and cheek weld.

Definitely recommended.

Lee

Comment

I use some HeroShark goggles (which I cannot recommend enough) and the lower half of a cheap Chinese mask which I have backed with neoprene..

It is quite inexpensive, but works a treat as there are no large gaps! In the winter I wear a scarf to cover my neck/chin as the lower of the mask doesn't quite reach past my jawline. Someone with smaller features wouldn't need to worry about that.

As above, worth every penny as point blank to the face while playing CQB is never a pleasant experience!

Comment

I think the best face setup i've seen was a couple of cheeks, a nose, lips, eyes, shooting goggles and a can of MAN THE F**K UP YOU SISSY BOYS!!!

Although I agree being shot in the mushky isn't nice, it doesn't however make me want to run around in a rapist mask top to toe in protection. My view anyway on the matter, a few shots here or there in the face makes it more sporting lol.

Comment

When you've had to have two root canals (both with not totally effective anaesthetic because the nerves were so infected and swollen) because someone shot you in the face from less than a metre away you generally disregard what people think you look like and wear some sort of lower face protection.

I use a lower face mesh mask with heroshark goggles - can be a little uncomfy in colder weather when your breath condenses in the mesh, but once I've got it sitting right it's fine and stops me losing any more teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989 View Post
                  I think the best face setup i've seen was a couple of cheeks, a nose, lips, eyes, shooting goggles and a can of MAN THE F**K UP YOU SISSY BOYS!!!

Although I agree being shot in the mushky isn't nice, it doesn't however make me want to run around in a rapist mask top to toe in protection. My view anyway on the matter, a few shots here or there in the face makes it more sporting lol.
                  Sorry mate, but wait til you lose a tooth.. Dentistry bill alone is more than the mask, goggles and green fees..

Laughing at someone for protecting their face/teeth is like laughing at someone for protecting their eyes.

Comment

Well I aint lost a tooth yet so i'm alright. I however, have been shot in the tooth from about 4 metres away and was fine, strong teeth, i'd drink a bit more milk lads or lay off the ciggies lol.

Less of the kidding, but I can see why you do it, but it would just annoy me having so much stuff all over my face, I see people in massive paintball masks, fencing masks. I just can't see how it can be comfy. I've even seen a guy in a bloody welders mask lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopewell View Post
                      Sorry mate, but wait til you lose a tooth.. Dentistry bill alone is more than the mask, goggles and green fees..

Laughing at someone for protecting their face/teeth is like laughing at someone for protecting their eyes.
                      Agreed.:D

Comment

Personally, I use a TM Pro Goggle. It saves my teeth, whilst allowing my to aim down my rifle's sights and stay fog-free due to the built in fan.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Queboo12 Magpul User and Abuser Find out more about Queboo12
                        Working...
                        X