What AK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What AK?

Hey guys, (sorry if this is in the wrong section!) I'm thinking of getting myself a good olde-fashioned AK47. I'd love to have one with as much metal and wood as the real steel, and wonder what's the best way about it.

Bearing in mind I don't like Chinese clones (I don't trust 'em after the 4 I've used all suffering the same gearbox issue, despite being different guns from different manufacturers).

I think my choice is:
    TM and upgrade externals - any recommendations on what external upgrades are best? I've also heard there's alot of 'fake metal' plastic on the TM AK, but the upgrade kits I've seen only have wood, not metal upgrades

Or

G&G which should be full metal/wood from the box... but is apparently different dimensions (slightly), would this affect the magazines that it takes?

Cheers in advance, oh fountain of knowledge :D

(oh, and before anyone says it - I am going for an AK 47 here, not 74, not a tactical version, but a full-stock wooden AK47. And I don't care if people think it's ugly, that's not the point!)

Re: What AK?

Have you considered the RealSword Type 56? Drop-dead gorgeous.

Comment

I think the G&G would be your best option-as far as Im aware it takes most mags just like any other AK, the different dimensions may be concerned with say stock size not mag well size. besides my CYMA Ak has a slighty larger magwell than most so mags wobble-all you have to do is put some gaffer tape at the top of a mag and it wont move.

If you opt for the TM a load of companies make spares and upgrades for it-I was planning to get an TM AK47S from Z1 and also some parts but a bit to expensive for me. In any case if you search Z1 you should find all you need upgrades wise
      Last edited by Liquid_snake; 4 June, 2009, 08:16. Reason: Spelling
      Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

TM AKS74U - awesome gun for woodland or QCB

http://www.hyperdouraku.com/airgun/aks74u/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_roA...eature=related
        TM M4 SOPMOD, TM AKS74U, CA SA58 Carbine, J&G SCAR L, G&P M4 Commando, || TM P90TR, J&G Skorpion || TM M3 Benelli M3 Shorty || TM High-Capa 5.1, Maruzen P99, KWC Glock 23F

Comment

real sword type 56 may not be a pure bread ak but better than them!
          Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

who says ak's are ugly?

and get an AKM, more widely used in more theatres of war... although if your not a die hard ak man a 47 is always good, every armoury should have one.

Boris
            K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

+1 on the Real Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid_snake View Post
                I think the G&G would be your best option-as far as Im aware it takes most mags just like any other AK, the different dimensions may be concerned with say stock size not mag well size. besides my CYMA Ak has a slighty larger magwell than most so mags wobble-all you have to do is put some gaffer tape at the top of a mag and it wont move.

If you opt for the TM a load of companies make spares and upgrades for it-I was planning to get an TM AK47S from Z1 and also some parts but a bit to expensive for me. In any case if you search Z1 you should find all you need upgrades wise
                Cheers for that, spot on the mark with what I asked
                I'll be saving for a bit, but I think the G&G's where I'll put my dough.
                Hopefully I'll have it ready for the National Event - else I'll be running about with nothing but an MP5K!!

Cheers everyone else for replies, though some are a bit odd considering... I really don't like the 74 or the M - real steel; I know there's little difference, especially in airsoft terms, but I'm going for the realism approach - I'd rather say I own a 47 than any other! :D

- Then again, seeing the RS Type 56 site... it is tempting! SO so tempting... the only thing that would stop me, is it would bug me, knowing it wasn't a Soviet-based 47, and the Chinese rather than Russian markings!
                Last edited by acra; 6 June, 2009, 16:22.

Comment

I guess if you wanted to it would be a easier getting a nade launcher for an AK47-I believe G&P (or is it G&G?...) make one but Im not sure if it would fit on a different model ala the AKM or type 56. Feel free to correct me just offering tupence

Hope you get the right gun in the end acra
                  Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

acra Find out more about acra
                  Working...
                  X