Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best pouch for gas bottles

Hi all.

I dont fancy carrying a back pack due to my biathlon sling (aw338) and im doing a light belt kit to carry everything

However i do not wish to spend £5.50 on a small ultra gas bottle but instead would prefer to carry green gas

which pouch can completely hide and store the bottle?

I was thinking a paintball pod pouch however i cant remember if the pouch would be too thin.

Thanks.

Re: Best pouch for gas bottles

You thought about one of those gas chargers that look like grenades. look pretty neat on your kit and stops you carrying an entire can of gas. I think they hold around 4 charges.

Hope that helps you.
    I can think of anything big enough otherwise that would allow you to carry green gas comfortably
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Yep as above good idea but if you get a pouch make sure its padded as i have a bit of my gas poking out and it ended up with lots of holes

Comment

Id rather carry a couple of gas chargers around than a can of green.

Comment

Indeed I have one of the distraction device ones .Mines ok but many have problems with them holding gas .I've got an AI one coming soon to try which hold a little more ,and should be more reliable .Also slightly cheaper including shipping ,and you can fit 2 in a standard mag pouch. Only thing is with these things the gas your filling them with needs to be nice n full otherwise it will not fill proprerly due to the size of the resevoir.

Comment

But can anyone answer the original question, does anyone know of a pouch that will take a green gas, or propane bottle?
            uıɐƃɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯɐ ı

Comment

normally you can get water bottle pouches cant remember where i saw them but i think one of those would be suitable for a can of green gas

Comment

The water bottle pouches on a site named after a German camo pattern fit.

Never thought about the paintball pod pouch as an option before...

Easily got the girth, but not sure about length...
                Originally posted by andre the giant
                ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

water bottle pouches are excellent, try to get one with a long flap for the top, as a couple of times I'v had one on the left of my vest, crouched down, the nozzle has poked me in the side, releasing gas, and I'v had nasty cold burns from it ...
                  KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
                  mix'n'match M4
                  Maruzen P99

Comment

Do you mean the nalgene water bottles? I wouldn't have though they were tall enough?
                    uıɐƃɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯɐ ı

Comment

I used to pop my can of green in my dump-pouch hung from my belt, but if you are looking to be going light you won't be carring loads of mags so probably won't need a dump pouch. I now use 2 x AI distraction device type chargers because I use my pistols alot during CQC.
                      JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

get a viper ak magazine pouch and stick the filling end through the drain hole at the bottom of the pouch
                        trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Thanks all.

Roxy pmed me with a website from that dutch lot be-x (ill let you figure that out) they do gas pouches which fit everything so ill get one of those!

Comment

i have a pair of really excellent dump pouches that are a perfect fit for full size gas bottles---do a search on ebay for "dump pouches"

this is the same as one of my ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SWAT-Molle-Water...item51976d2f81

Comment

http://www.colinsun.com/Colin/nfblog/?p=2753

Looks like i'll be getting 1 or 2 of those.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LtPurcy Im awesome Find out more about LtPurcy
                              Working...
                              X