Mod glock 17 or upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod glock 17 or upgrade?

Hi everyone I'm after some advice about pistols.

I have a stock TM glock 17 3rd generation and it's a lovely gun but I want it to hurt more!

My question Is.... Do I upgrade my glock with an aluminium rail and reinforced recoil spring to run green gas? Or do it go for a different gun completely such as a KSC P226? Just worried about spending an additional £70-£80 on upgrades and it not making a difference.

I'm not sure of my FPS I might test it in the week.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: Mod glock 17 or upgrade?

Most people want range and accuracy.... you just want pain?

Presuambly you are still limited to 350fps?

Personally I'd just run it on Green Gas. The slide might crack at some point, but then just replace with a metal one.

Comment

My question Is.... Do I upgrade my glock with an aluminium rail and reinforced recoil spring to run green gas? Or do it go for a different gun completely such as a KSC P226? Just worried about spending an additional £70-£80 on upgrades and it not making a difference.
      A Marui Glock 17 is 100% fine on green out of the box. A KSC would be less powerful and more susceptible to slide cracking. Anyway, if all you want you do is cause pain, then airsofting isn't for you.

Comment

Ok maybe "hurt more" wasn't the best choice of words but I want more power out of it for longer range targets. Am I best off sticking to this gun then? I'm very interested in upgrading if it will actually make a big difference to the power and feel of the gun?

Also would a high output valve fitted to the mags make much difference when running green?

Comment

A high flow will cause more cool down, go with a tight bore and piston first.
          Make it more efficient rather than getting it to just dump in more gas
          Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
          Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

Right ok here it goes... Expensive but hopefully worth it (comment if you disagree)

I plan on taking my standard TM G17
            Replacing slide with aluminium silver slide
            Reinforced recoil spring
            PDI 6.01mm tightbore
            Metal outerbarrel
            Green gas

How much of a difference do we think it will make?
            And am i missing anything?

Imature more kick, FPS and range

Comment

Get a firefly hop rubber too.

Comment

Sweet thanks mate how will that effect performance? I'm pretty new to all this if you haven't already guessed lol. Also any ideas when I can get the inner barrel? Can't seem to find one :/

Comment

scrap the aluminum slide and spring, i've been running my non 3rd gen tm glock 17 on propane twice a week for 2 months now and theres not a rattle, replacement slide only costs a fiver aswell!
                  Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Thats not expensive man, you could throw a grand at a custom pistol no problem at all!

You should see 10-20 fps out of the barrel alone...you can get an alu blowback unit too as far as i know they make a better gas seal with the piston not 100% sure

Oh yeah as Apurturesci pointed out a nice new hop rubber too :D

Btw some of the slide kits come with a nice metal outer barrel so thats two birds with one stone.
                    Plastic slides are well and good....Metal for the WIN :D To me plastic feels....well cheap! If your building a custom piece its pointless leaving a cheapo slide on it
                    Last edited by bladerider; 27 February, 2011, 19:24.

Comment

so yeh if its looks your after go for metal slide, or performance then go for plastic
                      Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

I don't think a metal slide will sap much if any performance tbh considering they are machined aluminium there is only a few grams weight difference.
                        May result in a bit more slugish performance in the cold but if you upgrade the internals i cant see this being a huge problem.....or buy a C02 mag if you really feel the need.

But as the chap above said you can run green with a plastic slide without any problems. It just depends on personal taste at the end of the day.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hellraisernewman Find out more about Hellraisernewman
                        Working...
                        X