Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert DPM Loadout/Osprey - help

Hay guys.

I'm looking to start a dessie DPM loadout, primarily because i literally only have OD and woodland camo's at the moment.

I primarily wear U.S Marpat with OD webbing/gear, i also have a full flecktarn and DPM set-up.

but anyway, i'm thinking of attending an event later in the year however i want to have a go at the Dessie/tan team (usually its woodland/OD vs tan/Dessie) i've always attended as an OD/woodland user before and this year i'd like a chance to try out the oppo'.

i know DDPM isn't really a camo of choice for a lot of people however i quite like it. and it 'should' be relatively easy to procure a full load-out relatively cheaply as well, considering the amout of ex-issue gear on the market

i'm not looking to make this as 'real' as possible but i would like it to be as realistic as i can on my budget.

I was wondering if any of the zero-one users have any pictures of themselves or mates in DDPM, whether it be on-ops/squaddies photo's (if you've served/ect) or just a pure airsoft load-out.

googling isn't as helpful as i imaged, there are plenty of war photo's however the gear is often obscured/using custom gear ect.

my second request is the osprey plate carrier, i havnt got one but if i do get one i would like the shoulder guards with it. which i cant seem to find for love nor money...
    (If anyone has an osprey plate carrier with shoulder/neck guards that they are willing to sell please let me know!)

if possible some someone either send me some/upload pictures of the vest itself? i'm primarily trying to guage up the amount of space/molle area i have a potential of using.

preferably pictures of the BACK and FRONT to help me ID the veriouse areas :D

anyway, enough chat if you have any pictures please post away, they will be very helpful!
    - chris

Re: Desert DPM Loadout/Osprey - help

The shoulder and arm guards are a bit of a pain in the arse really. Generally, when I was in Basra the only time they were used was when the lads did top cover on vehicles, other than that they were ditched.
    Pouches wise, there are loads you can get for the osprey - ammo, utility, water, grenade, medical, the camelbak. It is all about personal preference. You can also add the issue pistol holder as well. The issue drop leg is not worth it though, cheap and badly made.
    Clothing wise, fairly obvious but you can go with the ubacs shirt or the issue brown aertex one with the shirt and smock. Boots are a matter of comfort-meidl desert foxes, lowas, or the canvas sided magnum (comfy but not much ankle support, I just used them for casually kicking around the COB).
    Of course no loadout would be complete without the dessie hat. Make sure you get the cut down version. The issue one looks like a sombrero, so everyone goes to the local jingly tailor and gets it cut down.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

UBACs are massively more comfortable under the osprey.
      The mk3 actually have slightly less molle on them because of the gaps around the front plate carrier.
      Also it's easier to pick up the shoulder/neck parts for the mk2 as everyone now wants a mk3.
      Mk1 are fixed pouches on the front so difficult to run a lightweight rig but have the internal holster on the front.
      Mk2 still has the pockets but no internal holster BUT is covered in molle and the 13 pouches you should get with it can go anywhere.
      You will pay through the nose for the camelback even without a bladder.
      Don't pay any more than £25 for the Amazon's brand new. Careful though as a lot on EBay and in shops aren't the actual NSN stock. All day comfy, stupidly light but can feel flimsy against the Lowa's but you can get 3 pairs of new Magnums for one pair of the Lowa's and they'll be used.
      Originally posted by mr lean 81
      painting is part of a manufacturing process, you dont buy a car without paint on it do you???

(unless its a DeLorean)

Comment

mate im in the army and have loads of DDPM that i want to get rid off and would be more than happy doing a deal with cash or swaps as i have everything that use need
        many thanks gibo

Comment

The osprey always seemed a whole load of uneeded weight to me so I usually use a tan plate carrier if I go down that route. Regardless here's a few pics of various routes you could potentially take. Som fairly accurate...others not so

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
          I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Think it depends what you wear. I have seen plate carriers pouched up to the max which can be cumbersome eg RICAs types. I guess it is all a matter of personal preference. I use my osprey that I brought back from theatre, but just keep it to 2x triple bungee pouches, serpa holster, pistol mag pouch then a utility to hold gas, bb's and a snickers! But I only put on the utility if it is going to be a long game. Will also clip on the camelbak depending on time of year.
            I've used the issue assault vests in the past, both the green one and the newer molle style DDPM on as in the pic, but wasn't a great fan. I found the problem was the more pouches you had the more you felt the need to fill up. With the green one, I didn't fill up so the looked a bit baggy, and therefore, frankly a bit crap, and with the molle, it was stripped down to the above set up, so looked a bit bare!
            sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
            X