RICAS Normal or Compact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RICAS Normal or Compact

Hi Im looking at getting a warrior RICAS but can’t decide between the normal and the compact im 5’11” just a bit worried the compact will sit to high any one got any advice?

Mate im 6ft and the compact fits me perfect.
    I have mine sit right on my belly button.
    The compact is designed to sit that little higher to allow a more comfortable fit for driving and allow better access to belt kit.
    But obviously the full version has more room on it.

Comment

Re: RICAS Normal or Compact

I take it the compact is just a few inches shorter in body? So the vest is short enough not to hit your thighs or your seat base when you sit down....i.e. stops the vest hitting your chin when ye park your arse.
      Western arms pistol parts needed please pm me
      Any Full Metal WA pistols? Sell me them!!

Comment

It's to do with a lot more than just height, the normal version is for big people. Unless you're of the larger persuasion or pump weights like a crazy mofo go for the compact, I'm about 6' with a 32" waist (as a rough idea of my build) and my compact is adjusted down to even slightly smaller than the size it normally goes down to, just to make it fit properly.
        REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

I'm pretty much the same as CK ^ with regards to mine fitted when I had one, only difference is I've got 3 inches on him.
          Originally posted by fijitstiks
          they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
          Originally posted by N3ADS
          Is this you talking from experience ?..
          i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Its actualy got sod all to do with weight or height.
            Its all down to if you want it to totaly cover your podge or not.
            I prefer the latter even though i have a bit of a podge as i have amongst others my pistol on my belt and even with pistol mag pouches above it i can still draw it fine.
            If i had the full and the pouches in the same place they would be firmly resting on my pistol.

Comment

The full size doesn't adjust down to anything like the size of the compact, I first bought the full size and sent it back because it was simply too wide and I couldn't adjust it to be tight enough. Around the shoulder/chest area, it moved about loads and I would never have been able to skirmish with it. So I sent it back and got a compact, that fitted far better.
              they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
              Originally posted by N3ADS
              Is this you talking from experience ?..
              i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Compact for the win. I have exactly the same dimensions as you, but 2 inches off the waist, and I got mine fitting tight! Go for that one

Comment

Originally posted by crotmate View Post
                  I'm pretty much the same as CK ^ with regards to mine fitted when I had one, only difference is I've got 3 inches on him.
                  It's not the size that matters, it's the motion in the ocean (so I'm told).....

Sorry..... willy jokes are mandatory in these situations
                  Kill or be Killed

Comment

I'm 5'10", 42" chest and 31" waist, 13 stone and pretty fit and active. I have the compact and even then, it's pretty well nearing the smallest fittings on it to sit snugly on me. That's only wearing a t-shirt however, if you are wearing something with a little more weight like a shirt/jacket then it would be tight.

It should be fine for you, but as stated, the normal RICAS is a lot bigger.
                    Weapons free

Comment

Originally posted by jcolt View Post
                      I'm 5'10", 42" chest and 31" waist, 13 stone and pretty fit and active. I have the compact and even then, it's pretty well nearing the smallest fittings on it to sit snugly on me. That's only wearing a t-shirt however, if you are wearing something with a little more weight like a shirt/jacket then it would be tight.

It should be fine for you, but as stated, the normal RICAS is a lot bigger.

Lol I'm bigger more like 5'11 with a 36" waist got some time to think about it no more in stock for 4weeks think I'm going to start with the compact

Comment

I am 6,5 with a 32 waist and I wear a compact and it fits perfectly, I used too wear it with only a Normal belt, but now I use a Molle battle belt as it fills the space alot better, my mate has the full size and it always seems so loose when he is wearing it,
                        My advice, go with the compact

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

pob Find out more about pob
                        Working...
                        X