Vegetato with CIRAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegetato with CIRAS

I went to a walk-on game this weekend and wore my entire Vegetato loadout. With the bare shade trees and green pines, plus leaves all over the ground, it was really effective. I have always thought of Vegetato as more of a spring/fall transitional camo.

The ACU cut pants, combat shirt, knee pads, CIRAS, and pouches are all Defcon5. They are the only ones who make a reasonable set of Vegetato accessories (pouches, etc.) Condor makes Vegetato plate carriers but they are only sold through a distributor in Italy who doesn't like to ship to my side of the Atlantic.

I have to say that Defcon5 gear is either very nice or somewhat lacking. For example, the plate carrier is very comfortable, easy to adjust, and has lots of MOLLE. The knee pads, however, are made for an 8 year old, and I wore them for one skirmish and the picture, before putting on a regular set of OD pads. Also, their balaclavas have severe sizing problems, and I'm not just saying that because I have an XL head. They are really small. The other gear is great, pouches are nice, etc.

Re: Vegetato with CIRAS

Wow is all I can say, awesome set. I love vegetato and although I'm not lucky enough to own a set (hopefully this will change soon) have thought to be up there with the best.

Is your uniform surplus or third party (I saw Teesar make some)?

Comment

Someone posted some other pics of me from the same day.

Comment

You sir are a saviour of epic proportions.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

EagleDriver Find out more about EagleDriver
        Working...
        X