Warrior RICAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior RICAS

I've just got myself a RICAS compact but cant figure out the quick release mechanism. Ive always used vests before and I realise this probably me being thick but if anyone could put me right i'd be greatfull as at the moment I have to undo one of the shoulder straps and half of the cumberbund.
    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Re: Warrior RICAS

neither can i....
    i just put it on over my shoulders like a vest...
    TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
    Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Comment

I always knew there was a quick release, but i dont know how to use it either

Comment

isnt the quick release incase you get shot in real life you can get it off easily?
        plus apparently according to someone who has a CIRAS the quick release is enoying because it gets snagged on branches and just comes apart!!

Comment

Doesn't it just undo at the sides like the full size?

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

The RICAS is meant to be put on over your head dude, the CIRAS is side opening. As suggested above you want to be getting rid of the quick release as it will at some point snag on a branch and your whole rig will fall off. The quick release basically connects at a single point at the back and holds a central cord, when pulled the cord is released and the vest falls off forwards

EDIT/ All you need to do is open up the back and use something like a keyring loop on the cord to keep it in place.
            Current Armoury
            ---------------

Systema M4A1
            VFC Scar L
            Galaxy MP5K
            ICS MP5 A2
            AA SA80
            DBOYS M4 CASV
            JG G36
            KSC M945
            TM M92F Biohazard

Comment

actually, relating what was said would work...

there isn't really a "quick" way to constantly take it on and off. The quick way releases the whole of the side bits, normally held by the little piece at the back under the velcro opening.

however, if you undo this, the whole thing falls apart, i would just stick to putting it over your head like i do.
              TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
              Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Comment

Sorry to go off topic, but I want one of these in OD, if anyone knows a cheap place to get them (with pouches) then could you PM me a link or something.

Thanks,

Alex (mj23lj)
                Trader Feedback:
                New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Google it mate, Only two or three shops on the planet sell them unless you want to trall ebay/airsoft forums.

Comment

Thanks but I have, and it seemed that there were only a few suppliers so that's why I asked here.
                    Trader Feedback:
                    New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                    Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

if you pull the tab off (if the quick release is installed right) the two side flaps will be relased and then allow you to have the plates lifted quickly over your head OR unclip the shoulder clips and disconnect both sides completely.

Dave

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Devlin Find out more about Devlin
                      Working...
                      X