BOPE loadout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOPE loadout?

I've just finished the book and film of Elite Squad (Tropa de Elite) and, on a whim, searched through the bay and found a BOPE patch which I've bought.

Considering their reputation for extreme violence and brutality, would a BOPE loadout be tasteless? For those of you who don't know about them, they're the guys who sort out the mess left by the regular police in the Rio slums. Look them up on google, it will really open your eyes.

I'd put a link up to a streamimg version of the film, but I think a mod would jump on me for that, though I'm sure you'd find one for yourself if you knew where to look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1H8R...eature=related
    Last edited by Caveira; 30 June, 2009, 23:50. Reason: Adding youtube video
    sigpic

Re: BOPE loadout?

tasteless perhaps a little

but i see no real harm in it - its not like they are a terrorist group

essentially they are just an elite police force - arguably similar to a SWAT loadout
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

You get the idea from 'Chris Ryans Toughest Cops' ?

He did one with BOPE, an eye opener. They might have a shady side, but watching their movement drills through the slums was a work of art.

Comment

They look cool, and have a mint logo, go for it I say!

All war is brutal, I don't see what difference it makes doing anysort of loadout.
        Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 2 July, 2009, 01:03. Reason: language

Comment

just noticed there berets are on the "otherside"

Comment

I wouldnt see it as tasteless, i would see a tasteless loadout being IRA etc, i have never heard of these guys until now and i think they are bad ass

Comment

having seen the film, i would say go for it. considering what goes on down there, they were in need of a special unit that put the fear up the jacksie of the criminals and at least try to deter them.

Comment

Just watched Chris Ryan's Elite World Cops on BOPE also hahah - I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Go for it! Always cool to see something new on feild.

Comment

They are Badass I Love the way the cruise around with 50 cals on APCs and i think they nickname them the skull hammer.
                  Plus They Use so many different gun so you could fit anything into it basicly

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
                    They are Badass I Love the way the cruise around with 50 cals on APCs and i think they nickname them the skull hammer.
                    Plus They Use so many different gun so you could fit anything into it basicly
                    Even P90's!
                    sigpic

Comment

Do you think a plastic bag over the head will count as a bang kill?....lol

And, do they do plastic bag pouches for molle?
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok so lets actually talk about the loadout like we are meant too

all i can see is
                        black gear
                        some sort of crossdraw or similar vest with the sniper pad as they call it
                        FN FAL

pretty simple?

Comment

Just Black Bdus With a Patch and mix and match from there

Comment

Found a great kit photo, but it's a big file so I'll just post the link:

http://robertatrindade.files.wordpre...de-deus-16.jpg
                            sigpic

Comment

these guys are bad ass!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Caveira Find out more about Caveira
                              Working...
                              X