This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is tasteful or tasteless?

When your part-Irish or full-Irish, IRA slogans do hit a sensitve spot.

"Superior Firepower: If it's not working, you're not using enough!"

Comment

I'm not saying it doesn't, it would me too if i was in your shoes.

But yup - that's the sort of idiot i'm on about, who purposely put together a loadout to purely annoy people - why do it? As I said it's just a game, not a "see how many people you can pee off" compo.

Comment

Dial down the emotions guys, for whatever your feelings on the subject keep it civil and without threats of GBH..

Rember there are a lot of people who don't know the history, they just see a picture and think wow thats a cool loadout. Not wow I want to be a nazi, member of the IRA and stand for everything that they did.
        Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 6 July, 2009, 08:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Intervention View Post
          Hmmm having read all of this above - my primary thought at the moment is..
          Calm down and have a beer! (or 10 :P) Airsoft is just a game!

you buy the first ten rounds ill buy the next ten

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bull View Post
            you buy the first ten rounds ill buy the next ten

then ill buy the ten after that if you lot are still standing

Comment

i think this is getting of topic, so i'm going to try and get things back on track

if you see a guy at a game with a DPM jacket, black t-shirt, jeans, and maybe something covering their face, with a AK-47, or a shotgun, or a MP-40, what would you think, freedom fighter or terrorist, and why you think that
              Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

one thing that i feel everyone should know, i'm not looking into doing a IRA look, yes, i did start a thread called "IRA look" but that's because what i was thinking about doing a look that i would think freedom fighters, or even mercenaries, would wear, but this is me not looking around to see what other groups also have the same gear, the first group that wear the gear (ie DPM jacket, black shirt, jeans, etc) and that everyone would know what it looked like was the IRA, so please can people stop PMing me what they wear and where i can get it
                Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

Just to add to my pictures in the BOPE loadout thread.

If lego can do it, it can't be too bad!

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

since when do you get RLF's (Realistic Lego Firearmss)?

Comment

just recently but there aftermarket parts lego do not condone violence. unless its starwars

Comment

or anything else by luces art
                          Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

I think Santa the essential part of the freedom fighter or indeed opfor loadout is to look...tatty-or intimadating. Pour exemple, a Chechnyan rebel may wear say Flora camo trousers but have a black bomber type jacket (as in the style not saying they have a bomb packing up there) and a simple 3 hole balaclava, intimidating as hell as its doubtful youd see a group of them all wearing the same thing-definitely adds individuality.
                            Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

Santa

People generally instantly think terrorist simple as, why? Thats what the media tell us they look like and have been telling us for years and years ref: Games/films/tv/newspapers/blah/blah...

Sad but true, but if you type "terrorist" into google image search you get the point

In an airsoft game I dont think people really care too much
                              Last edited by Xadin; 8 July, 2009, 15:50.
                              Xadin {sha'din} Monkey

Next skirmish: GZ Woodland TBA

Comment

doesn't matter what you do your kit will offend some one some where.

IRA can be seen offensive to some people, on the other side of the coin a british black and tan kit would be just as offensive to some irish people i'm sure.

wearing a british early 70's para kit in londonderry ain't going to do you any favours...

but geting off the whole Northern Ireland thing, every army in the world has and will offend some one, some minority somewhere.

personnally, i say each to their own, if you like it wear it, but some kits i don't understand why you'd want to dress like them (nasi SS in my opinion i don't understand why you'd want to) but i'm sure / i know i have kits that would / could offend people.

1 i know i have is my mujahideen kit, but thats what i call it, but it could be easily a taliban kit also, i just like the whole 1980s soviet kits and mujahideen kits, but most would just see it as taliban, which is obviously offensive to some.

so as i first said, your going to offend someone somewhere.

Boris
                                K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

santa i take the 2 most dangeruss elements known to man and make them work for me.......and a posable bomb Find out more about santa
                                Working...
                                X