Digital Camo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Camo...

So I'm scratching my head... Apart from looking cool, is there a benefit of a pixellated camo pattern over a more traditional one?

Re: Digital Camo...

You're gonna start a war with this one - many people hate DDPM with a vengence on here! hah

Comment

in the 'actual' military digital is 'suppose' to be harder to see with nightvision.. but after a few washes the pattern changes and then its more visible, so playing airsoft it is pretty much to look cool, if u think it does (i do).
      sigpic
      9mm Glock 19, Spikes Armory AR15, Mossberg 12 Gauge 18in The joys of living in the USA

Comment

So it has the pixellated pattern as a feature to help break you up on digital screens? Makes sense...

Comment

We see things in curves so small squares will mix together in the field at a distance. Harder to define a shape.
          Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

basically meant its just be even more effective to break up your body shape
            |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Digi cam has some strangely effective results...

Normally, with DPM you would see webbing, smock and pouches ect, but with Digi, everything blends in completely, and it's near impossible to spot webbing ect..

Comment

Reason for that is because its pixelated, dpm etc is sploges of colour, digi is all pixels so when its like when you look at a picture all blends in sort off so you can tell whats what

Comment

Ya.

Comment

You need to see digital in action to appriciate its effect. I litterally trod on a guy in MARPAT before.

Basically the pixels confuse the eye, and it is very hard to focus and define what is there.

Comment

BUT - It doesn't work all the time....

Comment

I guess it's pretty good at disguising linear shapes, since there are many fractured horizontal and vertical lines...

Comment

Comment

That's pretty much what the guy I trod on was doing, but behind a log :D

Comment

u neeed digital patt boots then ur invis

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

B.E.N. Intensive airsofter and forum heckler. I like dismantling stuff. Find out more about B.E.N.
                              Working...
                              X