ACU in Woodland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACU in Woodland

I'm considering getting an American Combat Uniform as it wont be too long before I begin my trips to take up airsoft. The site i'm going to be playing at however is woodland, and from what i've read about the ACU its a decent bit of kit, but in Woodland enviro's, you might as well be wearing a dayglo fleuresant jacket with a bullseye on you as you stand out in woodland.

Anyone here play in woodland with an ACU? Is it worth getting one? I haven't even finished my Brit loadout yet, nor started airsoft and i'm already thinking for my next kit....lol

Re: ACU in Woodland

Doesnt ACU stand for Army Combat Uniform?
    Dont worry about having more than one loaodut, I have atleast 4 with another 2 on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by nice_guy_andy View Post
      Doesnt ACU stand for Army Combat Uniform?
      Dont worry about having more than one loaodut, I have atleast 4 with another 2 on the way.
      well the site i've bought from said its "american combat uniform" think wiki says the same too.

Comment

It is Army Combat Uniform
        Rik Jones - South Wales Airsoft

Comment

ACU works ok in the woods, but it really depends on the lighting. If you're absolutley in love with the concept of digital cammo, hows about MARPAT? It has the awsomeness of ACU, with the practicality of Woodland DPM.

MARPAT can be seen here.

Comment

I'd recommend Multicam. Well fake MC anyway, unless you have £500 to blow. My MC style vest, pouches, trousers, shirt and cap cost £80 total.

Comment

I regulary wear ACU (Army Combat Uniform) on my local urban game site. However, I've also used it in a game on some scrubland, worked really well too. In woodland it's a bit different! My ECWS stuff (in ACU) works exellently in the woods, but only at night or dark/dank dirty horrible weather. On a sunny day it looks too pale and I stand out. I recommend DPM, Marpat ect.. for just a regular day, out amongst the trees.

So ACU is great for, in my opinion:

Urban
              Shrubland
              Tall grass/bushes
              Dark Woods
              Bad weather
              Night time

Comment

not ACU but i have recently aquired a PMC loadout...
                that just consists of a tan warrior ricas, black fleece, and tan trousers....

anyone would think i stand out, but actually it works great.
                also, to be honest, most of the time, the ranges involved in airsoft, means you can actually see the person...
                TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Agent 99: Inside your belt buckle, there is a pill, if taken it will cause death in 9 seconds...
                Maxell Smart: Great, but how exactly do i get them to take it?

Comment

Wear what you want ACU does work, otherwise, the Americans wouldnt use it! But there will be points when it will stick out, same with all camo. No master camo except smoke :P
                  G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                  RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by insanity prawn boy View Post
                    ACU works ok in the woods, but it really depends on the lighting. If you're absolutley in love with the concept of digital cammo, hows about MARPAT? It has the awsomeness of ACU, with the practicality of Woodland DPM.

MARPAT can be seen here.

Ironically,ACU would actually work better against that pebble-dashing!
                    Wipe them out.All of them.

Comment

I wear ACUs with tan gear in woodland, and I've had people literally walk right past you. It's all about using the lighting and stuff to your advantage, which is frankly as with any other pattern. It takes on the colour of the surrounding environment quite well, as long as you don't stand in direct sunlight (which makes it glow a bit). Oh, and get it dirty - that helps a lot.
                      Get away from her you BITCH!

Comment

Agreed with havoc ACU is not a concealment pattern by nature it is to trick the eye into being unaware of how far the person wearing it truly is.

ACU being white and grey works really well in woodland as the colours of your surrounds reflect off of it. I was playing a game at the hill in dundee on sunday a woodland site and a group of us three of which were wearing acu and tan vests set an ambush for the opposing team they got ten metres away and the only reason they knew we were there is becuase we took them all out.

Its aq good camo pattern that does what it says on the tin and then some!
                        theres nothing better than when your friends show up with a whole lotta guns!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sisko Find out more about Sisko
                        Working...
                        X