Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A snipers basic loadout.

Righty..

Many of you, I'm sure wanna be a sniper! We all do.

But a snipers kit is very different to a normal infantry mans kit, (or the guy with a AEG:D)

I've made a very basic guide to choosing the right kit.

Let's begin, shall we?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

First, we need a gun.

If your on a budget, buy a JG bar, or a Warrior L96.

I've owned both, and they're not bad guns for the price.

But if you've got the cash, try and go for a TM or another higher end gun.

I've chosen the TM G-spec.

Light weight, quiet, accurate, and upgradable. What more do you want?

Remember to camouflage your weapon. If painting your gun is not your thing, use some scrim. It's good stuff. You can even shove grass under it.

Next, a sidearm.

Now, you can choose anything you want to. So long as it will give you the back up you'll need when things get close.

I've got the WE 1911.

Next, the PLCE. Personal load carrying equipment.

There's loads of options out there, especially for a sniper. I'm not going to go into detail of every single one.....

But when choosing, remember to keep it simple, lightweight, and everything easy to hand.

Here's mine:

Simplicity, yeah? You don't want to over do it.

Water, sidearm, and a pouch. What more do you need?

And ofcourse....

A ghillie suit.

There are many. Too many. Too many to talk of! :D

Making one is very time consuming, buying one can be expensive, so I compramised....

Webtex concealment vest. Cheap, strong and effective.

Remember when choosing your suit, make sure you have access to pouches and sidearms. The concealment vest is perfect for this.

see...?

Also, cam cream.

Do remember your neck, and back of hands.

And here's the kit all together:

Oh, and obviously a smock and a hat is in order too! :D

To summerise.

Like I said before...

A snipers kit must be lightweight, strong, and with everything easy to hand. It's no good carrying webbing under that ghillie suit if you can reach your water bottle, is it? :D

As for choosing a gun, it doesn't always have to be bolt action. I'm sure you'll do just as well with an M4!

And as for camouflage, remember to match it to your background. Don't always rely on fake stuff. Use natrual, local veg to blend it better.

I hope this helps, and i'm sure many of you will contribute towards the guide!

Owain.

Re: A snipers basic loadout.

Very nice mate id like to add about load carrying.

You do not need to carry much as a sniper, pistol magazines, rifle magazines, speed loader and if needs be extra bb's

All these can be comfortably put inside a sniper smock which you can get cheap on ebay without bother when going into the prone position.

You can also buy rigs that are made for snipers where the pouches are horizontal for easy access like this for example, when put together with a sniper smock it becomes very easy to store and acess all of your equipment

Bulle MOLLE KABP Kit and Ammo Belt Pack £19

also might advise on a hydration pack instead of canteens etc

Also regarding webtex concealment vest these are new issued to all snipers throughout the armed forces instead of the usual netting on your smock

Comment

nice guide mate, i have owned, a tm gspec, two jg gspecs 2 warrior l96es, soon to be 3 and a mauzen l96, i have to admit that i prefer the l96 over the vsr as it is more weighty so i found that i could get a more accurate shot off due to being able to hold it steadier, however the vsrs are easier to upgrade, also the mauzen balljoint bipod is priceless, it allows you to turn the gun in around a 90 degree radius without the feet of the bipod moving.also i prefered the cocking handle on the l96 and foundit much easier to cock

nice one on the review though mate
      PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

I'm gonna put in a recomendation for a hydration pack... drink without sitting up.

Also, a radio is almost essential.

Another, in the ******* *****, one with out insertion or extraction and without the enormous range offered by modern real sniper rifles, the gun is one of the least important aspects. You could snipe with a handgun provided your fieldcraft is up to scratch. Sniping is about infiltration, observing and firing without giving away your position.
        Last edited by B.E.N.; 10 July, 2009, 21:23.

Comment

I've spent most of today and a good bit of yesterday making my Ghillie, but of course it'll never be fully completed as I need to add natural vegetation when at my site.

And yes, a radio is deffo needed if you are to provide support to the rest of your team.

Also, a good read up on tactics and general ethics on the art of stalking and concealment couldn't go a-miss. Don't rely on it though, get out there and practise it!!

Should also add that patience is needed, be prepared to wait for/stalk your target for a good while, without firing a shot. Report back over your comms as to what your target and target's group is doing.

Another good thing, is to devise a contingency plan, should anything go wrong and what you'll do when/if it does - such as being compromised/surrounded.

KNOW YOUR SURROUNDINGS don't charge on head-first and throw yourself into the nearest bush in a panic, or you'll be out as quick as you started. Take note of your area, your team and your opposition!

Be stubborn!

I'll add more when it comes to mind!

Comment

Could you perhaps post some photos of your ghillie? :D

Comment

ORC PCU LVL 5, Riggers belt, Marpat Trousers, My sniping gear.

On the riggers a Serpa for the Glock, and a duel pouch for glock mags.

Gilly if i can be arsed, but basic field craft out dose the need for one. dont carry extra ammo just 2 loaded gspec mags.

Comment

It's not a full suit - didn't want one of those, but it is a head (including face) shoulders and full back cover.

As for the pics, will do! I'll get a good pic tomorrow when camera's sorted out

Comment

you should carry as little as possible.
                  dont wear webbing/chest rigs anything like that, if you are your carrying FAR to much.
                  my kit consists of
                  rifle + mag
                  pistol+mag
                  maby a spare pistol mag and rifle mag.
                  maby gas(if im using my tanaka in a longgggg game)
                  holster,
                  1-2 small belt pouches
                  bladder bag(long games only)
                  extra ammo in small bags that can be squashed(spead loaders make to much noise)
                  radio/mic
                  and my ghillie

everything i carry can be put in my pockets or the samll pouches.
                  remeber the less you cary the less noise you make,the easier you can move,and less bulky you will be.

the other two things you need to do are

have your holster set up so that you can draw your gun easily from what ever position your in if possible

moddify al your kit so that nothing shines or rattles.
                  user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

I'd say that you need (in airsoft) even less than what 'BITCHTITS' (great name) suggests:

1) Rifle
                    2) ammo (which you can stash in your pockets)
                    3) back up pistol (extra mags can also go in pockets)
                    4) ghillie suit and headwear
                    5) maybe a water bottle but to be fair, you'll not (in airsoft) be moving around a lot so won't be losing fluid a great deal

I'd say no to a radio (what's the point, teams in airsoft don't really function in a realistic manner so you're best off avoiding using a radio - extra weight, extra hindrance). Also, if you're trying to play in a realistic sniper manner, your spotter can carry the majority of the kit you need such as water to keep you as light as possible as he'll/she'll stash your kit a few metres away from your firing positions anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 7.62mm View Post
                      I'd say no to a radio (what's the point, teams in airsoft don't really function in a realistic manner so you're best off avoiding using a radio - extra weight, extra hindrance). Also, if you're trying to play in a realistic sniper manner, your spotter can carry the majority of the kit you need such as water to keep you as light as possible as he'll/she'll stash your kit a few metres away from your firing positions anyway.
                      You have a point there actually - As i'm not in a "team" (more of a blue/red whatever armband) as such, only the majority of the "team" carry comms, which half the time arn't on the same effing frequency! I'd be great if everyone was a bit more organised with it all, but hey.... it is just a walk on game after all.

Comment

no no no.
                        even if only some of your team have coms its worth having them.
                        even on walk on days ,theres generaly players on each team that push the team in a direction.(there will always people palyers that do there own thing though)
                        i find that these players are normaly more geared up and carry radios...so you should be trying to com in with these players and relay info to them.

your position as a sniper isn NOT to just kill people.
                        its to reyal info/intel back to your team, to help them.
                        if your a proper sniper you should be willing to fire very few shots in a game and maby even not get any kills.
                        im not saying this is the only thing, but is one way you should play.
                        on the other hand you should be trying to break enemy moral by taking out players unseen, especialy people incharge and medics then going for the grunts last off all.

so coms are a must,especialy in larger games/weekenders

Comment

Originally posted by bitchtits View Post
                          and maby even not get any kills.
                          Awesome! Maybe I don't suck?

Comment

Yeah, also, remember to get your money's worth....

I'm sure if your paying £20 or so, you would want to get a few kills, wouldn't you?

Comment

im not saying you shouldnt get kills,but thats not just your Primary goal as a sniper.
                              this is the reason i wouldnt class most the so called snipers as snipers.

most people seem to beleive having a high powered rifle (maby a ghillie) and picking people of at range means your a sniper it doesnt.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                              Working...
                              X