Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Sniper loadout, suggestions

Hi guys, as always im appreciative of any suggestions given

In short, im doing a delta sniper loadout from around 1990's. For those who still dont have a clue, the sniper (Randy Shughart) in Black Hawk Down is exactly my aim. Arms wise, i have a TM 1911A1 and getting a M14 (will turn into M21), and later on for a just in case scenario, an ICS MP5 A5. I know i need black vest and Desert DPM's but what type of DPM's and vest woud you recommend as well as advice on a helmet.

Many thanks
    Current Armoury
    TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Re: Delta Sniper loadout, suggestions

taken from airsoft iternational's wannabe issue
    protech helmit (G&P)
    bolle goggles
    stringer head set
    tri colour BDU's
    nomex flight gloves
    complete ALCE webing or a blackhawk chest rig OD
    a M12 holster
    and replica PT armour (BHD replica Vest as a scotish airsoft company calls it)
    Originally posted by Stones
    true, but one goes boom at things that fly and one goes boom at things infantry dont like.

Comment

in the film, BHD, shughart has an m14 with an aimpoint on. just watched the film ironically enough.
      i think a certain dealer who isnt allowed to sell on the auction website (hint hint) has the helmets in black, OD, or tan much cheaper

Comment

Remember that the M14 (Shugart used an M14, not an M21. Externally no difference anyway so there is no 'conversion' to do) was an uncommon weapon. Shugart was mocked for his choice of weapon originally.

Oh, and the film gear isn't necessarily period accurate. You'll need to decide if you're going film loadout or real world possibility. If its the latter, grab the book 'black hawk down' and have a read. Its got a pictures section in the middle too, though its mostly of the rangers.

Film screens of the snipers (grabbed them when the question was posed previously):

/9 out.

Comment

nice one Nine, just saved the guy about 5 hours trawling haha.

hats off to you bud

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Felixpredator Find out more about Felixpredator
          Working...
          X