Adhesive Rails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adhesive Rails?

Many of you may have seen me recording the action with my little camcorder, but its just a pain in the ass holding it AND a rifle, so i was thiking about a way of mounting it to my gun that DOESNT require duct tape.

I was thinking of trying to find a small adhesive mount which would stick to the side of the camera and attach to the rail of the foregrip. i could probably secure it with some bungie cords somehow too to make sure the adhesive doesnt decide its going to give up.

any ideas or thoughts as to where i could find such a product?
    Main Weapon: Well MB-10
    Side-arm: WE Baby Hi-Capa 3.8

UkFur Airsofter

Re: Adhesive Rails?

Wouldn't work. You move the gun too much during normal movement, and those forces would throw the camera off the adhesive. There isn't enough surface area to create enough of a bond between the camera and rail for it to hold, especially not if you're not using a permanent adhesive.

There are ways of doing it, but I'd need a pic of the camera and the front of the gun you want to mount it on to make some suggestions.
    www.dartmoorrangers.co.uk
    Everyone goes on about how inspiring the story of Anne Frank is, but when I keep a little jewish girl in my attic suddenly THATS NOT OK?

Comment

I've found hot glue works quite well as a temp mount and its easy to remove if you use a hair dryer to warm it up before you pull it off.

Comment

Yes you need to post a pic of the camera and gun, so we can see what you're talking about.
        Trader Feedback

Comment

Araldite, sticks anything to anything
          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Another, this is meant to be a temporary mount. Araldite, not so much with the temporary.
            www.dartmoorrangers.co.uk
            Everyone goes on about how inspiring the story of Anne Frank is, but when I keep a little jewish girl in my attic suddenly THATS NOT OK?

Comment

black cable ties

Comment

what about a few layers of sniper tape? they dont leave residue after use.

Comment

why dont you get a head cam :D

or somthing like that, :\ :P

Comment

Hang on, most camcorders have a screwhole in the bottom to attach a miniture tripod of some sort. I would fashion something that screws into that. Would be solid, removable/temprary, and would look better.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Songbird Find out more about Songbird
                    Working...
                    X